Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How hurt are Portis and Brunell?

endzone_dave

For the last two weeks Portis looked like he was dealing with extreme pain and Brunell just hasn't looked like his ole self since the knee problem. There hasn't seemed much talk or info about this. Is there any reason for concern?

On the flip side, Springs says he feels good and if that's the case, our D should be incredible.

The portis injury happened during the TB game, so obviously it was tough for him to get through it. Now, it looks like with some days off, he will be ready to go on Saturday.

As for Brunell, he didn't have a good game but I dont believe it had anything to do with his knee. He says it was 100% and if you payed attention he scrambled and ran for 2 big first downs.

i believe there is reason for concern on the brunell front...i believe that brunell is hurt and not teling gibbs or anyone for taht matter. his numbers are way down, and he looks slower and more awkward. if that is the case, gibbs will leave him in until brunell says he cant go, leading to him hurting the team more than helping. he admitted that he was hurt in the philly game, and did not tell gibbs or any coaches and finished 9/25, he then said he wasnt hurting in the tampa game, but he said the same thing after the philly game so whose to say hes not lying there? if brunell is feeling better (which i hope he is) then great, getting another week under his belt after the injury should help. but if he is still hurt, i think he should take himself out of the game becuase he will hurt the offesne if he is hurt bad enough. hopefuly im wrong and hes gotten better.

portis is hurting too, but betts is very capable backup and portis will take himself out if hes not 100% knowing that betts is capable. but overall i think the offense will be much better if for no other reason than that gibbs has a better gameplan and i think the guys will be eager to move the ball and dictate the tempo of this game.

If Brunell is hurting and hiding it, and it costs us a better shot at winning then he needs to be hung and beaten like a really cheap pinata. That said, would it really be better to play Ramsey right now over Brunell, with Mark's big game experience and chemistry with Moss?

If Brunell is hurting and hiding it, and it costs us a better shot at winning then he needs to be hung and beaten like a really cheap pinata. That said, would it really be better to play Ramsey right now over Brunell, with Mark's big game experience and chemistry with Moss?

I doubt Brunell is hiding anything from Gibbs, he is not that kind of guy. And even gimpy he is still much more mobile than Ramsey and alot more careful with the football; two things that are extremely important in playoff football.

:logo:

Moss even admitted for a split second that Brunell "seemed a little off out there..." but he explained how much of a factor he was in the last few games knowing what to do w/ the ball. I think we all know Brunell is a little nicked up but who isn't at this time in the season? Even if you do have a bye week, the pain will return. That's why I don't by the "skins will hit a brick wall this week" theory. If we keep the game close the entire time we will have the edge.

Brunell finally admitted on TV that he wasn't 100% for the Eagles game. He was better last week, but still not great. Feels better now and more confident with an extra week of rest.

What did Brunell say before the Philly game? Did he say he was fully healthy? If he did... uh oh. But I don't think he made that claim.

Portis just has soreness in his shoulders and will be fine by Saturday

Brunell just needs rest as well, he'll be straight to expose that Seattle secondary

I am just curious as to how you know this for certain? Does your location under your avatar stand for NOVA CARE? :)

BTW, thanks for the info if it is true.

On the Springs front, I would be amazed if a re-aggravated groin injury can heal itself up in two weeks, but God knows I hope it does.

Brunell looked to be moving more naturally in the Bucs game than the Philly game, I don't think Brunell missed more than maybe two throws in the Tampa Bay game in terms of physical problem versus mental mistake.

Portis has had me concerned for a few weeks now looking rather dinged up but he will play and Betts is a good back up.

The portis injury happened during the TB game, so obviously it was tough for him to get through it. Now, it looks like with some days off, he will be ready to go on Saturday.

As for Brunell, he didn't have a good game but I dont believe it had anything to do with his knee. He says it was 100% and if you payed attention he scrambled and ran for 2 big first downs.

He injured it during the philly game

Archived