Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Freudian Slip (merged)

jgwyn500

Did anyone else watch the Tuesday Joe Gibbs press conference on Redskins.com? about halfway through he is talking about Seattle. I dont have an exact quote, but he said that Seattle had a good schedule this year, then corrected himself to say they had a good record. I thought it was hilarious. Freudian slip??

:laugh:

Did anyone hear Joe Gibbs interview where he incidentally stated "the Seahawks... they got a great schedule... I mean record."

Go to Redskins.com and listen to Joe Gibbs 1.10... at the 14:35 mark is where he makes this comment.

We all know the Seattle Seahawks had a very easy schedule, as it has already been threaded and discussed. But, to hear Coach Gibbs say it, although mistakenly, is still quite funny. At Some point, you think the Coaches and players have made mention of this time and time again, I'm sure.

Redskins 28

Seahawks 17

i see how it could be construed as dissing of their schedule, but i think he was just correcting an obvious error in his noun/adjective agreement.

a 13-3 record is "great"...

but on the other hand, a schedule isn't really "great"...saying they have a "great" schedule doesn't really mean anything.

now, you could say a schedule is "tough" or "easy"...but Gibbs didn't say that and has wisely steered clear of any discussion of it.

Did anyone hear Joe Gibbs interview where he incidentally stated "the Seahawks... they got a great schedule... I mean record."

Go to Redskins.com and listen to Joe Gibbs 1.10... at the 14:35 mark is where he makes this comment.

We all know the Seattle Seahawks had a very easy schedule, as it has already been threaded and discussed. But, to hear Coach Gibbs say it, although mistakenly, is still quite funny. At Some point, you think the Coaches and players have made mention of this time and time again, I'm sure.

Redskins 28

Seahawks 17

Ohhhh..., boy :doh: Do I feel like an idiot for posting this! Please smack me with a baseball bat to improve the ability to follow directions, thanks.

Archived