Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins involved in Supreme Court Hearings?

3MoreRings

Apparently so. Just add him to the list of powerful people who live and die with the team. Did you read the article in the Metro section last week about all the power players who make time for the Skins? Bob Novak has seats in the club level and apparently has only missed 5 games since 64.

SPECTER : Brit Hume was on Fox News talking about going to a Redskins game in 1991 when Justice Thomas was being confirmed and how he had his ear sets on to listen to the proceedings.

What Supreme Court Justice would you want on the Redskins if you had to choose?

Roberts is the youngest, but he seems a bit too nerdy for me. Clarence Thomas and Scalia are pretty stout dudes though.

Care to comment?

Word on the street is that Thomas is a college football fanatic. His clerks are busy reading thousands of briefs and he's on CBS sportsline all day.

I posted this before but the tread got buried rather quickly for those that missed it (it's audio)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5072682

Great audio piece about "Washington D.C. when the Skins are winning..."

HTTR!!!!

Great post WolfMan! Thanks! It's true, I remember being a kid and watching Jim Vance do the intro for the NFC championship game against the Vikings. I remember him saying that it's simply a different town when the Skins win. It's great to see rich and poor, Black and White all forgetting petty fueds and cheering together. In a town of carpertbaggars, the Skins give us our identity.

I posted this before but the tread got buried rather quickly for those that missed it (it's audio)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5072682

Great audio piece about "Washington D.C. when the Skins are winning..."

HTTR!!!!

Great Link!!

I got the same felling when driving around DC last Friday. I was in a not-so-nice neighborhood after returning from Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street. I saw a large, crusty, rather scary looking man walking towrds my car. He was looking at me strangely, then started to pull his hands out of his pockets. I thought "this is it, I am going to get carjacked and shot." Then his mean mug turned to a smile, revealing his shiny gold teeth, and he gave me a thumbs up. Turns out, I was blasting "Hail to the Redskins" from my stereo and he was showing his approval. Redskins are a great unifying force in DC....

Archived