Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else run into this.....

Muskrat

....now that the Skins are not only in the playoffs, but have advanced past the first round, has anyone here had to defend their 'fandom' against people calling you a 'bandwagon fan'?

I wear my Skins stuff from @ August to February (at which point my Cubs stuff goes on), year in and year out. Heck, I have several Redskin items on my desk at work, yet this week at least one person has made the 'comment' about "look at all these Redskin fans appearing now that they're in the playoffs". Worse yet is when I see people everyday who have NEVER voiced Skin support all of a sudden say "Go Skins!". My personal view, I don't WANT those fans, they're no better than the shirt-tail Cowboy fans.

I live in Eagles territory, so everyone here pretty much knows I am a devoted Skins fan. They have been trying to taunt me for years, because i wear my gear every year, regardless of how the team is doing. Like it has been said before, true fans know who they are and don't need to waste time defending themselves.

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo:

I have not had anyone accuse me of being a bandwagoneer, but I've seen them first hand. I always arrive at our fanclub an hour early and I'm the first one there usually. This past week, there were already a bunch of Skins fans there, none of them did I recognize. The place was standing room only and only 10-15 were regular diehards.

Everyone that knows me knows that I'm a lifelong diehard. Never has anyone ever

called me a bandwagon Skins fan.

The day of the last Dallas game, my sons and I were out shopping for Christmas. We were in a mall and all had on something Redskins. Had a 'boy fan walk by, wasn't wearing anything Dallas, and said too bad you got to lose today. I turned and said

don't think so. Point is, with all 3 of us in Redskin attire, even a stranger knows we're

not bandwagon...or was it the authentic Riggins jersey I was wearing.

Archived