Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watch out for Portis U Hags!!

TheShredder

Remember, back in the day, when you would lead on about how somebody was hurt and they came out on game day and tore it up?

I smell one Saturday.

Sure, SA is the MVP. #1 rusher in the NFL. But, We have the #4 rusher. We also have a better Defense than the Hags!

I am feeling CP comes to Seattle with a Purpose..No worries and tears off some feathers!

:cheers:

Remember, back in the day, when you would lead on about how somebody was hurt and they came out on game day and tore it up?

I smell one Saturday.

Sure, SA is the MVP. #1 rusher in the NFL. But, We have the #4 rusher. We also have a better Defense than the Hags!

I am feeling CP comes to Seattle with a Purpose..No worries and tears off some feathers!

:cheers:

Yeah, his 3.9 YPC from last game has everybody shivering. And while the Redskins have the better overall defense, they're #13 against the run. The Seahawks are #5. Good luck with that.

Yeah, his 3.9 YPC from last game has everybody shivering. And while the Redskins have the better overall defense, they're #13 against the run. The Seahawks are #5. Good luck with that.

Wow, can you do that again? Pull stats out of context of the whole season? That's impressive.

How about the five straight before last game of 100+ yards a game?

The Seabags jump out to early leads on opponents (vastly inferior opponents, I should add), thus not allowing them to run. You're run defense does not scare me at all.

And I'm sure it doesn't scare Mr. Portis either.

Please, come back and talk some more smack about the Seahawks' run defense after Portis breaks one big and takes it to the house! :laugh:

Wow, can you do that again? Pull stats out of context of the whole season? That's impressive.

How about the five straight before last game of 100+ yards a game?

The Seabags jump out to early leads on opponents (vastly inferior opponents, I should add), thus not allowing them to run. You're run defense does not scare me at all.

And I'm sure it doesn't scare Mr. Portis either.

Oh I'm sorry. Let me rephrase. Head to head, Shaun got 98 yards on 20 carries (4.9 YPC) against the Redskins and Clinton Portis got 90 on 25 carries (3.9 YPC).

But while we're talking about what happens against "inferior opponents", against the other "inferior" NFC West teams, Portis put up 101 on SF, 136 on STL, and 105 at ARI. Shaun averaged 112, 142, and 157 respectively against the same teams.

And looking at the NFC East, Portis averaged 56 on NYG, 82 on DAL, and 90 on PHI. Shaun had 110, 61, and 49 respectively with the 49 against Philly coming all in the first half before he was pulled from the 42 - 0 blowout. So against common opponents, Portis bested Shaun against exactly one team by 21 yards.

Tell Cardinals fans about your impressive running game. Seahawk fans aren't buying it. Portis eeking over 100 yards in his last 5 games (against the reeling Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles) just isn't that impressive. I love it when NFC East fans talk about "weak schedule" when half of out games this year were against common opponents.

:laugh:

Archived