Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have really enjoyed this run

fuji869

The past 6 games have been a return to the glory days for the Redskin Faithful. I was spoiled early on in my life as a Redskins Fan. I have been fan since I was 5 years old in 1976 but I would say the 1979 Season was when I first really started to understand football.

In 1982 the Redskins win the Super Bowl and the glory days were on. Even though the Redskins were not in the Super Bowl every season they were in the playoff or at least contention every season. 3 Super Bowl Titles in 10 Seasons 8 playoff appearances in 12 seasons. I thought when we missed the playoffs in the 88 and 89 seasons it was a playoff drought.

Then the lean years began in 1993, 1 playoff appearance form 93 - 04, no more post season glory. In November and December we were score board watching and hoping for other teams to lose to hopefully make the playoffs or like in 93, 94 and 95.

The past 6 weeks have been magical, they have been return to the glory day for us. For the older fans it brings back feeling for the 70s, 80s and early 90s and for the younger fans who have known nothing but heart break, it is a chance to know how it was like when the Redskins were contenders. :applause:

Archived