Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark quote on Joe Gibbs...

truskinsfan18

I read this site like crazy and didn't see this posted...

I was watching comcast, and Clark was explaining why Gibbs is such a successful coach. Im paraphrasing, but he said somehting like this, " How can you not play hard for a guy like Coach Gibbs? When we're losing, he takes all of the blame, and when were winning he gives the players all of the credit. How can you not play hard for a guy like that?"

That quote made me appreciate Gibbs even more

I keep telling everyone who will listen that Gibbs is a genius at what he does: builds winning teams, whether it be in the NFL or Nascar, winning multiple championships in both, at the highest possible level in both.

I trully believe he will duplicate that same success in this second NFL stint, wether it be this year or not, provided his health holds up for the near future. Maybe not multiple titles in this day of free agency, but at least one Super Bowl is very possible, imo.

I dont think ive ever heard of a player that didnt like playing for gibbs. He's been such a great coach in everything he does. The players all respect him and respects them, he doesnt swear at them and ride them down. Any athlete dreams of having a coach like this guy.

That's probably the one thing none of us really mentioned enough when Gibbs returned. Gibbs would bring respectability and pride back here whether he could ever catch up on the nuances of the new NFL or not. No matter what he lost in NFL knowledge for being out, he didn't lose the ability to lead men, judge character and establish team.

Gibbs' greatness is being able to do this with many different groups of personnel and differing styles of teams because no matter what skill set players have, the constant is Gibbs finds guys he can build with and make them feel like they are a part of something. That's why Coles isn't here. Gibbs needed guys he could convince to sell out for the guys around them more than themselves. He's getting that.

Great thing to point out.

I did hear that, and it is so true. How can you not love the guy?

Way to go, Ryan! Hail Gibbs!!

And one of the most awesome things is seeing Coach Gibbs so happy, especially happy about us (at the game return fan rally).........what a blessing:

Hopefully he'll have that same happy look on his face after Saturday!

Archived