Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bourne, Indy 4 & Jurassic Park 4 Updates

steveo21

Bourne, Indy 4 & Jurassic Park 4 Updates

Source: IESB.net January 9, 2006

Frank Marshall, who produced Disney's upcoming IMAX film Roving Mars and directed the studio's Eight Below, gave IESB.net an update on The Bourne Ultimatum, Indiana Jones 4 and Jurassic Park 4.

Marshall mentioned that the Matt Damon sequel The Bourne Ultimatum will begin shooting on August 1st. "He says it has nothing to do with the book only the title is the same," according to the site. "There may be a relationship starting up between Julia Stiles' character and Matt Damon."

He added that "Indy 4" will happen immediately after "Bourne Ultimatum". He said the fourth film is indeed moving forward and "everyone is happy with what they have read."

He also mentioned that Jurassic Park 4 will begin after "Indy 4".

What a disservice they have done to the amazing Ludlum Bourne books.

I completely agree with you those books are fantastic and to just stray so far from the story is a travesty.

The movies may be entertaining but the books are soooo much better it's ridiculous.

I hope Indy 4 doesnt ruin the trilogy.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about this myself. It is such a great trilogy, I would hate to have it ruined by an unnecessary fourth installment. But, if the new one is good, I will be so happy to have one more adventure added to the series.

Agreed regarding the books - the story line however probably wouldn't translate into a good movie - since its pretty layered.

Enjoy the Bourne flicks for what they are though - good action films.

Second one completely screwed up my vision. Director tried to relay feeling of "action" by switching cameras every millisecond and wildly shaking the frame.

And I do wish they'd have stuck to the plot - hunting down the same Carlos the Jackal architerrorist, who was only really captured about two decades after the final book was written. Another film copied from the books was The Assignment (with Aidan Quinn, Donald Sutherland and Ben Kingsley) - good for DVD.

The books and the movies are very good. The reason they didn't stick to the books is because of timeline. They were set on shooting a present day movie but couldn't if Bourne's character in the books began in Vietnam. Also from what I understand they couldn't associate the movies with the nemesis from the books Carlos the Jackal for several copyright reasons when the movie was initially in screenwriting.

PS: The fourth Bourne book written by a different author, was horrible. I couldn't even finish it.

Archived