Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Apparently even our defense sucks?

CooleyKills

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5234124

Darryl "Moose" Johnston had quite a few lists on the playoff teams here. This was the most disrespectful to the skins.

Most balanced team on defense

1. Bears — Chicago's shut-down defense can shut teams down in every way. Looking at the numbers, one might view the fact that the Bears are ranked 11th in rushing defense and see some vulnerability. But remove the 149 rushing yards allowed to Minnesota in a meaningless season finale (at least on defense), and the Bears' per-game average drops to 99.2. Defensive tackle Tommie Harris is the key there in the middle, because the Steelers proved that if Harris is neutralized, then so is the Bears' run defense.

I love Chicago's secondary, which returned four picks for touchdowns this season. Nathan Vasher intercepted eight passes himself in a breakout performance this season.

As for the Patriots at No. 8 below, normally they are not ill-balanced but New England's secondary is the clear attacking point for other offenses because of all the injuries. Plus, now with DE Richard Seymour and possibly with LB Tedy Bruschi back this weekend, the Patriots are very good with their front seven. So most teams will come in and want to throw the ball against them.

Ranking the Rest:

2. Colts

3. Panthers

4. Steelers

5. Broncos

6. Seahawks

7. Redskins

8. Patriots

Even the seahawks D is more balanced huh?

The most I would go is to say that our defense can be "inconsistant"... but that would only be if I took the first 11 games into consideration. They've turned it around in the last 6 games. Further more, Carolina should be ranked below us.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5234124

Darryl "Moose" Johnston had quite a few lists on the playoff teams here. This was the most disrespectful to the skins.

Most balanced team on defense

1. Bears — Looking at the numbers, one might view the fact that the Bears are ranked 11th in rushing defense and see some vulnerability. But remove the 149 rushing yards allowed to Minnesota in a meaningless season finale (at least on defense), and the Bears' per-game average drops to 99.2.

99.2 barely moves them up two spots.

Honestly, having the sports media hate the Redskins, and I mean everything about the NFL's most valuable franchise - ownership/mgmt, Gibbs, players, and fans - is a BADGE OF HONOR. Wear it proudly.

Yup...we should make a list of all the haters, so we know who to call/email after the Redskins win the Super Bowl... :cheers:

the past 6 weeks in meaningful games, 3 against division rivals, 2 for playoff challenging teams, 1 game in the playoffs

the defense allowed 11.6 points a game.

I think they're supposed to hit a wall or something. At least that's the given reason. Like I've said before (as if I'm some authority :) ) if they give the effort of the past six weeks, they win, bank on it.

the past 6 weeks in meaningful games, 3 against division rivals, 2 for playoff challenging teams, 1 game in the playoffs

the defense allowed 11.6 points a game.

i believe they have given up a 'whopping' 81 rushing yards a game over that span- allowing over 100 (109) once to the 'boys. thats almost 20 full yards better than the 'adjusted' chicago stat. i would say the skins have faced better RB's as well.

thanks for noticing, moose.

9th defense and 11th offense

vs.

17th defense and 2nd offense = more balanced?

he's a smart feller...

I usually don't react to media-hates-skins stuff too seriously, but this one is far out :laugh:

Moose is like that to me though, a blockhead.

We'll have to hope that one gets to the ears of the D too.

Archived