Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 12th man will be a major factor ..... read this !!!

newjerseyfan

I'm wondering what effect the weather will have on the noise.

Qwest field was engineered beautifully to deflect crowd noise onto the field... the latest weather is showing a high of 46 degrees and a 60% chance of rain.

Just wondering if the weather is a cold drizzle if that will quiet the crowd some? Not a crazy idea if you think about it.

Hopefully bugle has got them practicing with some artifical crowd noise.

I live near DC and they showed on the news how they are practicing with huge speakers with crowd noise coming out of them. I don't think there's much Gibbs and coaches haven't thought of. :point2sky

Crowd noise can make a difference. But I'm betting it was loud as hell in the Meadowlands to start the game last weekend, and against the Bucs.

Look how that turned out for the home team :)

If we're worried about the crowd noise, we've got bigger problems.....

One of the nice things about Brunell's experience is that crowd noise doesn't phase him at this stage in his career. That combined with a solid running game should help limit the impact of the noise. Notice how Gibbs was content with a 2 yard run on first down just to settle the crowd down and get the players more comfortable with their rhythm.

I was at the Bucs game and it was near 'jet-engine' noise level every time the Redskins had the ball. This included all of the pinhead-Bucs fans waving those (illegal) flags the entire time. Sure, the Seattle stadium might be louder, but do these pinheads think we haven't faced loud crowds this season (Dallas, Phillie, Giants, Broncos)?

That article about the Seahawks talks about how they lost their 2 receivers, Jackson (knee) and Engram (ribs) in the 4th quarter of the first game with us. What it doesn't mention is the cause of both of those injuries...the Redskins Defense pounding the hell out of them. You know those 2 are going to be thinking r-r-r-eal hard about going into the Redskins secondary, lest they get their body pounded by our Safeties and DB's. :helmet:

Regarding the Giants and all those penalties: The Giants offensive line is known for taking a huge amount of penalties. We may get a few false starts, but its not they have some speedy defensive end or anything that we really have to worry about getting off the ball quick.

']The noise was a huge factor when the Seahawks played the Giants. The Giants had a lot of false starts. The noise impacted the Giants big time. So maybe Barber had a point when he blamed coaching.

The consistency and impact of the fan noise is a result of more than a recent emphasis on improving the intensity and support level of the local Seahawk fan.

When they designed the new stadium they spect very big $$$ on acoustics while still maintaining other architectural goals. The structure has enclosing areas at each end of the field and on the sides which along with serving their other duties are particularly reflective and amplifying of sound, by orders of magnitude, compared to conventional surfacing.

http://www.seahawks.com/ArDisplay.aspx?ID=6400

just setting up the link ...

i hope we are practicing with a silent count !!!:2cents:

I hope EVERYBODY read the above article. Especially the last paragraph where M. Hasselback said:

"My hope is that Qwest Field is alive, like it has been for us all year,” Hasselbeck said. “That there’s a lot more blue than whatever-that-color-is and yellow. That would be the hope for me. It’s more of an advantage for our defense. That crowd noise really makes it tough on the opposing offense. It’s really nice not to have to go anywhere and get to play at home.”

I'm sorry, that personally pisses me off. The Burgandy and Gold has a lot more meaning than turquoise. Also, the Redskins don't have to change up thier color's just to look more appelaing. Remember these POS uni's?:

s_oldhome_vt.jpg

:seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu

I was at the Bucs game and it was near 'jet-engine' noise level every time the Redskins had the ball.

Agreed. It was louder than anything I've experienced at FedEx. Which was surprising since Raymond James can only hold 65,000. And especially considering how many Skins fans were in attendance.

THAT is homefield advantage. And the Skins benefitted greatly from a 14-0 early lead.... or I fear how much more of a factor it would have been. It defused them temporarily. But not entirely.

Archived