Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question

Qcard

http://www.dallascowboys.com/cgi-bin/Cowboys/cowboys2/news.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0430863907.1030643731@@@@&BV_EngineID=cadcfcidhkdgbedchecjcff.0&art=21822

Cowboys Claim Snapper

The Cowboys claimed tight end/deep snapper Jeff Grau off of waivers Wednesday and expect their new addition to play against Jacksonville Thursday night.

Grau, a seventh-round draft pick of the Redskins, was released this week but will get an opportunity to show the Cowboys his snapping abilities.

Last week, the Cowboys signed two veteran snappers, including 19-year pro Trey Junkin, who is expected to play Thursday night as well. Mitch Palmer, who served only on punt snaps last week against the Falcons, was erratic all night and released Monday.

The Cowboys are still searching for a snapper after Jeff Robinson went down with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, an injury suffered two weeks ago.

Grau (6-3, 257), the 230th overall selection in the draft, was the deep snapper for UCLA during his entire four-year collegiate career.

1. Why was Jeff Grau released by the Redskins?

2. What was your impressions did Grau make during his brief stint with the Redskins

3. Who beat Grau for the starting job

Just trying to find some info about our new pick-up.

Thanks.

I believe Albright, our snapper from last season beat him out. I don't remember hearing much about Grau in the preseason but from Spurrier's comments, he must have played.

Given that he played and was a long snapper, not hearing about him is praise. It means he didn't mess up.

From what I read I didn't get the impression that Albright really beat out Grau. It came down to experience in game situations and since the salary cap was no longer an issue, Spurrier felt more comfortable going with a proven player.

I'm guessing Spurrier must have looked at film of Dan Turk's one-hopper that caused a field-goal attempt to go awry in the final moments of Washington's 14-13 playoff loss at Tampa.

Thanks for the link.

Dale is always on top of things.

Next time I'll check the search engine before I waste valuable space. Later!!!

Archived