Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Is Our Next Bigtime Wr ?

bryceb07

it seems the redskins in the last few years have not understood the concept of having the speed receiver and the tall possession receiver. i still remember how pissed off i got during the 2001 draft when we didn't draft santana moss. i don't know if you guys remember but we had the 15th pick i believe and we drafted rod gardner, even though we already had a tall possession receiver in michael westbrook. i was praying for us to take santana moss who went one pick afterwards to the jets.

now i know all of you on here would call michael westbrook a bust, but in 1999 he had over 1000 receiving yards and 9 TDs, then in 2000 he got hurt, but my point is, he was finally starting to show some potential, and getting santana moss in 2001 as the speed receiver opposite him may have set us on a whole other course of action.

anyways, as to answer the question of who our next bigtime receiver is, i believe it will be reggie wayne. the rumor mills are full of talk with wayne coming to washington. i think eric moulds best days are behind him, while wayne is still getting better. eric moulds is actually older than amani toomer, i know someone on here was saying toomer was too old, which i agree with, but just clarifying that.

i also think it would be nice to take sinorice moss in the draft, but i think we need to focus more on D-Line in the draft. i still can't believe we made that ridiculous trade last year to denver. god, that was a horrible trade.

First, I really don't think Samardzija will be coming out; however, Maurice Stovall is a senior and could be a big time sleeper pick. He may end up a third or later round pick.

He is 6'5" with good speed, good hands, good vertical, and can make plays after the catch. His downsides are that there are thoughts he takes plays off and that he really only performed in this last season.

As for later round WR's, I also like the Greg Lee from Pitt, Deyon Williams (local kid) from UVA hasn't declared yet, and Chad Jackson from Florida.

Oh ok...I thought Samardzija was a Sr. this year...I do like Stovall though....could be a good move to make in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Terrell Owens.

I don't even think Joe Gibbs would want this guy. I think he just brings too much baggage to the table. After all we don't want to end up like the Iggles and I am almost sure that he would cost too much.

I would agree with Joe Jurevicious tall and fast.

Reggie Wayne or Brandon Lloyd, either one would be a very welcome addition!!

But if we can't afford them, Joe Jurevicious would probably fit in nicely within our budget.

Pretty much my sentiment. Wayne and Lloyd have tremendous upside. I like Wayne and Lloyd have tremendous upside. 49ers have no offense whatsoever and Lloyd has been their only threat so he has received the majority of attention from the defense but he's made some tremendous catches this year.

Joe J. in Seattle has made the most of his playing time this year. Tall at 6'5" and 10 TDs with only 55 catches or something like that is getting it done.

I'd gladly pick up any of those 3 if it didn't break the bank.

Did you see in the NY/Carolina game, Ricky Proehl hadn't caught a ball yet and the announcers said it would mean the world for him to catch a TD against the Giants because he was a big NYGiants football fan growing up. His family had season tickets dating back to the 60's. Then they showed where he grew up and they said Missouri......WTH?

First we need a QB who can consistently find the 2nd receiver ... then, any one selected from the group consisting of Lloyd. Wayne, Randel-El, etc. will do ... because he will have to live with Mr. Moss. My favorite draftee is Hagan from ASU ... the second coming of Torry Holt. If we find a Super Bowl QB, the receiver issue will evaporate.

reggie wayne, antonio bryant (though i dont really want an ex-cowboy), antwaan randle el, brandon lloyd are all available

I don't see Randle El leaving. Lloyd would be a stretch. Not sure about Bryant, but I would LOVE to see Wayne here next season. I've been saying for months now how great it would be to pair him with Moss. But after the career season he's had, I highly doubt we will be able to afford him. Now on the other hand, if we DO have a shot at another good WR, maybe then, and ONLY then, could I see Arrington leaving.(would be worth it imo)

I see many people saying that they would like to see us pick up Wayne or Randle-el, but that wouldn't be very beneficial to us. In fact, it would actually hurt us more than help us due to our already stretched budget. Staying under the cap is going to be hard for us next year and picking up a big free agent WR will not help at all.

I truly believe our best option is to look for a good WR in the draft, but since we don't have a first rounder we will need to look past the big time names. Personally, my money is on Derek Hagans if he falls substantially, Maurice Stovall, or Greg Lee.

Archived