Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Is Our Next Bigtime Wr ?

bryceb07

Amani Toomer how old is he ? No way Steelers let randle el go, plus we already have MOSS, I was talking about a big reciever .... WAYNE would be sick ! Him and Moss were partners in crime at the "U"! And god knows all the "U" boys worked out here!

There's this guy, Steve. Only cost us six million dollars and we all know that's not even much for a signing bonus. He's faster, stronger, better than wide receivers were before. Plus, he's got a pretty cool squint.

Yeah, I think I've heard of him before. Steve Austin or something like that right? Supposedly he runs a 1.2 flat 40 and has a 480" vertical leap, not to mention an abolutely wicked stiff-arm.

That was classic! Great post man. LOL!

How about Joe Jurevicious...Tall Possession WR playing well in Seattle this year.

In Draft pick up Sinorice Moss...another fast WR. His big brother has played ok for us so far, where else could he better learn the nuances of the NFL game

I think Moulds, Wayne and Randel-El will all be too expensive for us.

Reggie Wayne has the biggest upside. He's only 27; not too bad for a Receiver. Moulds is 32 and pouted when Lee Evans got more love from the QB. AB is an ex-cowboy. Ex-Cowboys just don't work out. James Washington, Alvin Harper, Deion "the overrated" Sanders, etc. Hell, even Brandon Noble didn't work out. Karma just wouldn't let him stay healthy enough.

Hopefully, if the Redskins don't win the SB then Indy will. They won't be able to pay everyone. Danny can crank up the engine on Redskin1 and send Joe to pull him in :)

if we go the Free Agent route, Eric Moulds does sound good...but if we go thru the drat, I like the WR out of Notre Dame, Jeff Samardzija.

First, I really don't think Samardzija will be coming out; however, Maurice Stovall is a senior and could be a big time sleeper pick. He may end up a third or later round pick.

He is 6'5" with good speed, good hands, good vertical, and can make plays after the catch. His downsides are that there are thoughts he takes plays off and that he really only performed in this last season.

As for later round WR's, I also like the Greg Lee from Pitt, Deyon Williams (local kid) from UVA hasn't declared yet, and Chad Jackson from Florida.

JasonAvant2.jpgJASON AVANT

Story

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051228/SPORTS0201/512280319/1131/SPORTS0201

www.draftshowcase.com/JasonAvant.htm

Link

Avant was a touted recruit out of high school. He was rated four stars by Rivals and was their 12th rated WR in the nation. He played sparingly as a freshman for the Wolverines, but did make an impact on special teams. As a sophomore, he earned his first start three games in and would start for the rest of the year. His Junior season, he would start every game but missed the Rose Bowl due to an injury.

STRENGTHS: Size, Hands, Blocking, Character

WEAKNESSES: Speed, Explosivness

NFL COMPARISON: Hines Ward, Steelers

Ward is probably a little more nimble and versatile, but Avant reminds me a lot of Ward. He is tough over the middle, he is a good, willing blocker and he is a team leader and an unselfish player. Like Ward though, Avant isn't much of a deep threat. His ability to produce as a number two wideout across from a superstar like Braylon Edwards has me comparing him to Reggie Wayne a little, he also has a similar build to Wayne.

SCOUTING REPORT: Avant has decent height and a nice, solid build. He has a sturdy and muscular frame. His hands are elite. Passes stick to his hands and he rarely double clutches any passes. Avant shows great ability to snatch the ball out of the air and in a crowd. He is very reliable over the middle and isn't afraid of contact.. He is a move the chains type of receiver who makes a lot of catches on third down. He doesn't have great pure speed or explosiveness though.He hasn't shown himself to be much of a deep threat, but h e understands the game well and gets open. In his route running, he shows good quickness in his breaks. What Avant also has is great football savvy. He runs his routes past the first down markers and is cogniscent of the sidelines and the back of the end zones. After the catch, he has shown some nimbleness, but this isn't his strong suit. In the running game, Avant is a strong and willing blocker. He gets good position and leverage and blocks until the whistle. Off the field and in the locker room, Avant is a strong presence and has great character. He is an unselfish, team first type of player.

First, I really don't think Samardzija will be coming out; however, Maurice Stovall is a senior and could be a big time sleeper pick. He may end up a third or later round pick.

He is 6'5" with good speed, good hands, good vertical, and can make plays after the catch. His downsides are that there are thoughts he takes plays off and that he really only performed in this last season.

As for later round WR's, I also like the Greg Lee from Pitt, Deyon Williams (local kid) from UVA hasn't declared yet, and Chad Jackson from Florida.

Stovall is a beast.....when he shows up. I think Gibbs can gets him to show up. Plus he is a great blocker. 3rd round pick.

How about Joe Jurevicious...Tall Possession WR playing well in Seattle this year.

In Draft pick up Sinorice Moss...another fast WR. His big brother has played ok for us so far, where else could he better learn the nuances of the NFL game

I think Moulds, Wayne and Randel-El will all be too expensive for us.

Are you serious? His big brother has played "ok for us so far." How about his big bro has been ****ing awesome for us.

Archived