Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our D Is Good But Simms Passed Great Through The Middle!!!

qcraftsman

My point is that the middle of the field was wide open many times for passes and I have the feeling this is where our only problem is on the Defense. With the seahawks recievers they will eat us up through the middle unless we adjust somehow.

Hopefully Springs will help add to that adjustment this week. If not that will hurt us badly and they will go right down the field on us. we can take care of Alexander, but I am worried about the middle part of the field.

I'm tired of everyone being so impressed with Simms, point is we gave him underneath stuff, and the middle of the field the whole game, we were without our starting corner, de, and our safety got toossed, and he still couldn't win the game. We made him beat us and he couldn't.

It's not a weakness if that is your gameplan.

I'm still pissed at that little albino retard tauntin our players, before he steps out of bounds like a little girl. (No offese to little girls)

I also feel that we saved our players, and our playcalling for next week.

Aren't we playing in a dome, ergo rain would be irrelevant?

Tamba Bay had one threat - Joey Galloway - and we held him in check. How many WRs want to go across the middle with Ryan Clark and Sean Taylor back there? Havings Springs back will make all the difference as well.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that our DT's (both) often rushed to the outside of the Guards. This left a wide open view for Simms to see. It is so much easier to pass when nobody is in front of you. Of course this means it is more difficult to throw to the sides. Not sure if it was intentional or not, it just seemed different than what you see on any team.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that our DT's (both) often rushed to the outside of the Guards. This left a wide open view for Simms to see. It is so much easier to pass when nobody is in front of you. Of course this means it is more difficult to throw to the sides. Not sure if it was intentional or not, it just seemed different than what you see on any team.

Gee....I guess that explains all the tipped balls....I think Joe said we had 16 tipped or batted balls for the game....guess we must have had ghost linemen in the middle knocking all those balls down......

Aren't we playing in a dome, ergo rain would be irrelevant?

Tamba Bay had one threat - Joey Galloway - and we held him in check. How many WRs want to go across the middle with Ryan Clark and Sean Taylor back there? Havings Springs back will make all the difference as well.

No it is not a dome.

I don't mid us giving up the 5yd pass plays so long as we don't give up the big TD throw. B/c greater risk of a turnover exists with increased pass plays ... which is why the average coach wants a 50/50 ratio of run to pass plays to manage their TO risk. Simply put: if we are able to force Seattle to throw the ball more than they want to, we'll have a better chance at interceptions, fumbles, and hopefully a better chance to win.

If you remember the first game against TB, they had several big plays on us. GW chose to give them the little stuff so we didn't give up any big plays. It's that simple. If you think our Defense can't stop anybody over the middle, you are wrong.

I think our D is good enough to hold Seattle from driving all the way down the field (long drives) and scoring (or at least holding them to a field goal). But in my nightmares I do see a big play, with Alexander or Jackson scoring, like at the end of the San Diego game. I have faith the Greg will do what he can, and Taylor and Clark are good safeties, but with the Seahawks offense, you've got to expect that they are going to rip off a couple big plays in sixty minutes....which is why the offense HAS to score in this one, unlike last week.

With Tayler not in the game, the receivers were no longer scared to go over the middle. Also, if you heard GW in the post game interview on Comcast he said their gameplan was to give up all the short routes underneath and not let Simms beat them over the top. Thats why Simms had something like a 5 yard passing average up to the 4th quarter.

I can only recall one long pass down the middle I think to Galloway in the 4th quarter that went for 20+ yards. Everything else was for short gains.

and it scares me with 3 very good healthy recievers that were playing against this week. This is why I hope it pours down rain and it effects the passing game.

I don't think they have 3 VERY GOOD receivers. They have a decent receiving corps... not a one of them is as talented as Moss. We have Springs back for this one, so both of our starting CB's are playing, plus our 3rd and 4th options have benefitted from extra playing time. We'll be OK.

The middle of the field was open on purpose to give up short passes for a quick tackle.

it was very obvious that the gameplan on offense and defense was to take away the sidelines on defense because tampa had no time outs to stop the clock and the offense stuck to running the ball once it got the lead.

speed the game up.

Archived