Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN NFL Misery Index

thr0xx

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/060110_nfl

27. Washington Redskins

The Daniel Snyder years have left fans feeling like (pick your analogy):

A. Joe Theismann after Lawrence Taylor twirled his leg like a pencil sharpener.

B. George Allen after he received another secret "trick" play from Richard Nixon.

C. John Riggins after he passed out under the banquet table.

D. Steve Spurrier after he was told, "Mr. Snyder would like to see you in his office."

But with three Super Bowl championships, the return of Joe Gibbs and their stubbornly proud display of the most offensive mascot in American sports, Washington gets no sympathy here.

anyone else think this is wrong ?

Actually, I have started each season hopeful. Dan's experiments made them paper champs for several years. Spurrier was hailed. The free agents were hailed. Marty bringing discipline after Norv was hailed. Side note: to all those who wrote that Snyder treated Norv unfairly after seven failing seasons, he sure did a great job in Oakland and really proved his Head Coaching credentials there.

Snyder has been a great owner... great as opposed to successful. Hopefully, soon he'll be both.

Let's not act like we all didn't want to hang Danny 2-3 years ago before Gibbs came back. Those years were awful and pretty much everyone knows it was as a fan.

Thankfully, Dan seems to have done a complete 360 and I'm really warming up to him.

You mean a complete 180...

Actually, I have started each season hopeful. Dan's experiments made them paper champs for several years. Spurrier was hailed. The free agents were hailed. Marty bringing discipline after Norv was hailed. Side note: to all those who wrote that Snyder treated Norv unfairly after seven failing seasons, he sure did a great job in Oakland and really proved his Head Coaching credentials there.

Snyder has been a great owner... great as opposed to successful. Hopefully, soon he'll be both.

Yeah we started out seasons with a lot of hopes and they went right down the drain with the results.

Danny himself admitted he messed up and I can respect that, because even he knows he hasn't been a great owner the whole time.

if u were to ask every redskin fan what they think of daniel snyder, probably 75% or more would say they approve of his job as owner. especially after what his wife did on saturday. if u dont know, renaldo wynn was taken to a hospital in tampa to have surgery on his arm, dans wife went with him and waited for hours but they couldnt do it that night or something so they hopped on Dans private jet and flew to d.c. where Dans wife took renaldo to the hospital to have the surgery. great story and thanks go out to Dan and his Wife.

27. Washington Redskins

The Daniel Snyder years have left fans feeling like (pick your analogy):

A. Joe Theismann after Lawrence Taylor twirled his leg like a pencil sharpener.

B. George Allen after he received another secret "trick" play from Richard Nixon.

C. John Riggins after he passed out under the banquet table.

D. Steve Spurrier after he was told, "Mr. Snyder would like to see you in his office."

But with three Super Bowl championships, the return of Joe Gibbs and their stubbornly proud display of the most offensive mascot in American sports, Washington gets no sympathy here.

I have two points I would like to make

On item "A": Way to make light of a career ending injury you jerk. You might as well make fun of Dennis Byrd.

On Item "D": Didn't Spurrier "resign", not get fired?

People hate this team/organization....

and you know what...I like it.

Makes all this that much Sweeter.

I always wonder that when I wear my Skins gear out in public in other cities/parts of the country....are people snarling behind my back? If so I love it......Behind Dallas we have to be the #2 most hated Franchise in the league.

I don't think this article was all that bad. We're the 6th least miserable team in the NFL according to the writer--26 teams are MORE miserable than the Redskins. That's a positive. The writer took a shot at the Redskins, but he did the same with most of the other teams as well.

I don't think this article was all that bad. We're the 6th least miserable team in the NFL according to the writer--26 teams are MORE miserable than the Redskins. That's a positive. The writer took a shot at the Redskins, but he did the same with most of the other teams as well.

Right... actually read the article, fellas.

yea but he also said Dallas is the least miserable team...

What is our "most offensive mascot"? You mean this?

redskins.jpg

Political correctness drives me :insane:

Let's not act like we all didn't want to hang Danny 2-3 years ago before Gibbs came back. Those years were awful and pretty much everyone knows it was as a fan.

Thankfully, Dan seems to have done a complete 360 and I'm really warming up to him.

not i. i had a problem with the coaches and players, but snyder has always been willing to spend to make the team better. sure, he picked spurrier, which was a mistake in retrospect. can't fault him for trying.

Archived