Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

O.K. I give in......Lets talk about the Media.

desertfox59

Seriously.....the media is awsome.

There are many threads that will talk about their hatered of the skins, but very few actually delve into the reasons why. So I suggest we try to do that here.

I think there are four skins hater media types:

1. Former NFL players and Coaches.

examples, Tom Jackson, Steve Young, Jimmy Johnson ect.

Why they hate the skins: This group of egomanics have either played against the skins or are jealous of the historical success of the skins. They are so enamered with their own percieved brilliance that they actually begin to believe that because they played In the NFL and are now on T.V. as "expert commentators" they are something special. That also means that their careers and everything and everyone that were and are affiliated with them must be awsome because they were/are awsome. And anything that was/is not affiliated with them must (by definition in thier own minds) suck.

2. The librial elitist PC police Media types.

examples, Chris Berman, Lenny Pasquarelli, ESPN, Washington Post ect.

Why they hate the skins: Not only are these smarmy, self-absorbed Facists throughly discusseted by our so-called "Racist" team name, but they can't stand our style of play: conservetive. in fact they can't stand anything that is in anyway associated with that word. They cringe when they hear Joe Gibbs say how the team is "blessed" or when many players "give thanks to god" before a post game interview. They hate Mark Brunnell because he is a believer. they do everything they can to pile on stories that "prove" this conservetive team is either losers or thugs.

3. the bandwagon jumpers and prediction babies.

examples, Dr. Z, Sean Salsibury, PTI ect.

Why they hate the skins: This group is constantely trying to cover it's tracks. They are so mad that Their picks against the skins have been proven to be Moronic that they will make any excuse to explain away their incompantence, so long as it isn't that the skins are actually a good team with a great coach and players that play with guts and heart.

4. the baffoons and villians.

examples, Woody Paige, Chris Carter ect.

Why they hate the skins: these Media jestors are paid to make the other anaylists look better (Although Chris Carter probably doesn't know it) by constantely and consistantly being and making Idiotic picks, suggestions, and quoting rediculious meaningless stats. They are angered and embittered when they are shown to be the fools that they are by picking against the skins, the one team that they think or thought was sure to make them not look foolish when picking against them.

Why they are good for the Redskins

What all these groups fail to realize is that 80% of America can't stand them. They think that because they used to be players or because they are talking about sports they are somehow shielded from our distain for the media. Sorry fellas, you're not. They don't grasp the concept that by making us the underdog and badmouthing us they are only helping our fanbase grow. they are so enamered with their self-percieved supporiority that they don't understand why anyone would be a redskin fan especially because they aren't. yet this is one of the reasons why our fanbase is growing. No body wants to be on the same side as the media...except other people in the Media....

so....

Keep it up Media.

Seriously you guys are awsome.

thoughts?

Great insite on your post bud. I agree that the media in general does not like our team and bad mouth us at every turn. Our team on the other hand has given them all the ammunition to. With the coaching changes and personal movement it seemed for the longest time we didn't know what direction we wanted to go.

I am sure that with joe coming back was seen as another stunt by our owner.

We have also had a habit of making alot of noise in the off season as well, rather than in the regular season.

Things are starting to come around for us and i think that we are seeing the foundation of a winning concept being layed down in washington and its going to take some time for the media to get that concept.

then again it is only fueling our confidence as an under dog now. This only makes us play better.

great post, I agree.

How about Riggins? where would he fit? I think he belongs to a few of the categories ...

I think that many Media type's will fall into several of the catagories...they are generalities after all...Being in Iowa I don't get to hear much of the desiel...much to my disappointment....but I hear he is not all that happy with the skins....

I would add one more item:

5.) Dan Snyder: When Dan Snyder paid $800M for the franchise and was willing to do anything to bring back a winner to D.C. it sent shock waves throughout the NFL and country. An owner who was self made and not even forty years old. He is much younger then most of the media and showed a little arrogance; although, he has always been about the team. He has created a financial giant with the team valued (Forbes) at approximately $1.5B and the team earns almost $80M per year and has had a losing record. This income dwarfs every sporting franchise in the world by more than double. He only put $200M down on the team without any personal guarantees and restructed everything about two years ago and pulled his capital back out as a non-taxable loan. The guy is smart, young, and rich and leads a franchise with a politically incorrect name and comes from a middle class D.C. family. I call this man a mentor; however, everyone else seems to want to bash the man.

"3. the bandwagon jumpers and prediction babies.

Why they hate the skins: This group is constantely trying to cover it's tracks. They are so mad that Their picks against the skins have been proven to be Moronic that they will make any excuse to explain away their incompantence, so long as it isn't that the skins are actually a good team with a great coach and players that play with guts and heart."

Did you notice that every week it seems like most of the experts at espn pick against us, then after the game is over you can check who they picked and it shows they picked the Skins?

Right now on ESPN is shows that 5 of 8 of their "Experts" picked the Redskins to beat Tampa. Somehow, I dont remember those picks before Saturday though. Especially Salisbury. He has flip flopped on his picks several times this year that I've noticed. Saying one thing on TV but the opposite on the website.

I would add one more item:

5.) Dan Snyder: When Dan Snyder paid $800M for the franchise and was willing to do anything to bring back a winner to D.C. it sent shock waves throughout the NFL and country. An owner who was self made and not even forty years old. He is much younger then most of the media and showed a little arrogance; although, he has always been about the team. He has created a financial giant with the team valued (Forbes) at approximately $1.5B and the team earns almost $80M per year and has had a losing record. This income dwarfs every sporting franchise in the world by more than double. He only put $200M down on the team without any personal guarantees and restructed everything about two years ago and pulled his capital back out as a non-taxable loan. The guy is smart, young, and rich and leads a franchise with a politically incorrect name and comes from a middle class D.C. family. I call this man a mentor; however, everyone else seems to want to bash the man.

I believe this is one of the best posts I have ever read.....I didn't notice all that .....but you're right.:notworthy

"3. the bandwagon jumpers and prediction babies.

Why they hate the skins: This group is constantely trying to cover it's tracks. They are so mad that Their picks against the skins have been proven to be Moronic that they will make any excuse to explain away their incompantence, so long as it isn't that the skins are actually a good team with a great coach and players that play with guts and heart."

Did you notice that every week it seems like most of the experts at espn pick against us, then after the game is over you can check who they picked and it shows they picked the Skins?

Right now on ESPN is shows that 5 of 8 of their "Experts" picked the Redskins to beat Tampa. Somehow, I dont remember those picks before Saturday though. Especially Salisbury. He has flip flopped on his picks several times this year that I've noticed. Saying one thing on TV but the opposite on the website.

I think this is part of their excusses and arrogance. they can't handle the truth...but, hey, they are the media elite...they Make up the truth when ever they want, "those idiot plebs who read and listen to us media types will not know if I just rewrite history a little bit to protect my own ass...."

Archived