Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we getting too greedy??

timdaley73

Before the season began, a lot of you have posted and said that we would be lucky to have a .500 season or barely over that... even though I have all along said we will have a great chance at postseason... NOW, that we are in the Conference Semi-Finals, are we getting too greedy thinking about NFC Championship game or SuperBowl??? I will still be proud of the fact that we made it this far in the playoffs... How will you feel if we lose?? Disappointed?? I for ONE will be VERY VERY PROUD!!

:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

The thing is, we are not taking this for granted. We know after the last 15 years (i only remember about 10) how hard it is to succeed. We have had expectations through the roof and this one year when nobody suspects anything we surprise them.

We take advantage of the situation as much as we can. Value these moments because you never know what can happen next year. I know you dont suggest we dont care too much about this game, but hey, we deserve a good thing once in a while.

I think as well as many people will say, if we lose this week, we will be disappointed, but very encouraged and excited about this year and next. Now, if we lost last week, people would have some similar feelings, but we really would have wanted to get past round 1.

If we barely lose this week i think people will be in agony but will appreciate what the skins have done. Now, if the skins win this week, we are looking for the superbowl all the way.

The question is, why not us? Why not now?

I wasn't here at the beginning but on ESPN Redskins message board I said we would be 11-5 (real close) and no we're not being greedy. Here's the thing, look at what we have had to put up with since our last championship constant head coaching changes, defensive coaching changes and missed opportunities. This might not be our year but our glory will come soon because I have faith in this team and in Joe Gibbs. HTTR

The thing is, we are not taking this for granted. We know after the last 15 years (i only remember about 10) how hard it is to succeed. We have had expectations through the roof and this one year when nobody suspects anything we surprise them.

We take advantage of the situation as much as we can. Value these moments because you never know what can happen next year. I know you dont suggest we dont care too much about this game, but hey, we deserve a good thing once in a while.

I think as well as many people will say, if we lose this week, we will be disappointed, but very encouraged and excited about this year and next. Now, if we lost last week, people would have some similar feelings, but we really would have wanted to get past round 1.

If we barely lose this week i think people will be in agony but will appreciate what the skins have done. Now, if the skins win this week, we are looking for the superbowl all the way.

The question is, why not us? Why not now?

I cant agree more. Well said.

I'll admit it, I do feel guilty at times.

Whether it was hoping to beat Dallas in week two, beating the Eagles in week 9 (ok, we ended that streak) wanting to payback the Giants for shutting us out earlier in the year (check) hoping to sweep the Cowboys (ok we did that, and we completley annihilated them in the process) hoping to sweep the Eagles and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS (check—man, this wishful thinking really works!).

This is a result of years of dissapointment and depression, so don't feel too guilty. It's the Redskins time right now.

To me there's a BIG difference between being greedy vs. being excited and optimisitc. Anyone who would be angry if we lost this weekend and would thus call the season a disapointment is being greedy. No question about that. But those of us who are thrilled/surprised with what this year's team has accomplished and are just dreaming big about the possibilities of what might come next are not being greedy at all. We're just being excited, optimistic fans. And not only is that not wrong, its what every fan should be like.

And really, I don't think almost anyone fits into that first catagory. If they do, they're insane.

Wanting your team to go to the SuperBowl isn't being greedy.. it's being a fan.

Of course I want the team to do well. Of course I want them in the playoffs, beat Tampa, then Seattle, then the winnder of Chicago/Carolina.. then the Superbowl.

If I didn't want that, I wouldn't call myself a fan.

That being said, I'm already proud of this team They were 6-10 last year. This year they've made it to the second round of the playoffs. I have nothing BUT pride in this team.

IF we lose.. yes, I'll be disappointed, but I'll still be PROUD.

Don't confuse the term greedy with proud and being a fan. You're not a fan if you don't WANT your team to win all the time.

I am very happy how the season has turned out, but the coaches, players, and staff feel that this team can go all the way. Why not now? This is as good as chance as weve had in the last 10 years. So go skins don't stop here keep this book open and you write your own conclusion.

Also we are the most physical team in the NFC we should go with brut strength and attack mode. The NFC can be won with brut strength as we all know is possible. In the AFC you can be soft and make it look at the Colts and their chance. They were man handled by the chargers and we punched the chargers in the mouth.

Not to mention the SuperBowl is in DETROIT a neutral field with strength on our side and probably finesse on the other. The only team that can fight with us on a neutral field is the Steelers. But the field being neutral is an advantage for us and the white uniforms we will be wearing.

Having got to this point you HAVE to be thinking about going further. 2 more W's and we are in the Show!

That said IF we lose on Saturday (and I think we have a good opportunity to win if our O shows up) then by any measure this season has already been a success. Going from 6-10 to 10-6, making the playoffs and progressing thats all good right there.

Also the emergence of Santana Moss and Chris Cooley as premier players at their positions gives bot explosion and a possesion receiver in the passing game. Clinton Portis has got his swagger back at RB and 1,500 yard seasons should be the norm given good health. Add the development of both Rodgers and Taylor in the secondary and the continued dominance of our D and you have to be optimistic for the future.

This is a team with not many holes and just about every starter under contract next year. Add another WR and maybe a DE and sort out the La Var situation either way and we are good to go.

As ever the question is around QB - can we get another year from Brunell at a level to make the most of the talent around him and make a run for it all again next year? Will Campbell be ready to take over the year after?

For the younger fans around here this is what is was like during the 80's - thinking Super Bowl each year and looking for the one or two pieces of the puzzle that would get us there or get us back!

It good to be alive!

HTTR

Martin:point2sky

We're the only team from the NFC East still in it after being predicted to be dead last in this tough division.

Why shouldn't we expect to win these remaining games?

We've already beaten every one of these teams except for the Panthers and going to their home will almost be a Redskins home game.

Going in to the season to be perectly honest I had no idea what this team was going to do deep down I had a good feeling about the team but didn't know for sure. Greedy no this team do have the potential to take it to the NFC championship and superbowl will they ? That's another whole thing of course, I would be disappointed if their goal isn't reach but also understand why it didn't hapen it's not because of the Seahawks because they are a beatable team but to play in playoff mode for the last 6 weeks or so is going to be a wear and tear and plus they are beat up. I think they will give their best effort and if the results do not come out the way I think it should I can live with it and I will still be proud of them. Because no one said they had a shot at the playoffs.

Archived