Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder's being generous; nobody makes mention of it.

Dweezel

So I searched and saw nothing about this. I was reading an article on Wynn's surgery and this made me feel good about the owner.

Wynn and his family flew to Washington in owner Dan Snyder's private plane early Jan. 8 and the operation took place a few hours later.

With all the negativity about Taylor and how our offense cannot get it done against Seattle, felt we needed some positive and feel good news.

yeah and gibbs commented in his press conference today that snyder set it up AGAIN where they have a really nice, big plane for the trip to Seattle and that they'll have a great meal before they go.

No expense is too great for his players.

If i were a player then id want dan snyder to be owner. I think the skins will be a big draw for free agents this year because of our success this year, gibbs and snyder.

BUT, this time around Snyder will let the football guys take care of it and we'll be able to pick and choose the guys we want (it won't be the summer of 2000 again)

yeah and gibbs commented in his press conference today that snyder set it up AGAIN where they have a really nice, big plane for the trip to Seattle and that they'll have a great meal before they go.

No expense is too great for his players.

If i were a player then id want dan snyder to be owner. I think the skins will be a big draw for free agents this year because of our success this year, gibbs and snyder.

BUT, this time around Snyder will let the football guys take care of it and we'll be able to pick and choose the guys we want (it won't be the summer of 2000 again)

I agree completely. Words going to get around that its like playing for Cuban in the NBA.

Snyder is a magnificent owner for giving all he can to his team. This is absolutely NO different than supporting Joe Gibbs by making Coles feel uncomfortable. Snyder gets involved by supporting the players and the team and the coaching staff. Whether it's a nice move like this or a nice move like getting Coles to realize the owner wouldn't back him, Snyder has done everything right in making his football people feel special.

Everyone faulted Snyder for knowing essentially nothing about football from a GM standpoint. He's the rich owner, not the football brain. Remember the name Pepper Rodgers? Thank goodness Mr. Snyder decided to go for Coach Gibbs instead!

At any rate, one cannot let the growing pains of the past spoil the riches of now. Snyder has quietly backed into the shadows of his owner's suite, and allowed those who know best to do their thing. All the while being the $upport $ystem to his team and their well being. This is what an owner should do.

Redskins 24

Seattle 21 OT

Snyder is a magnificent owner for giving all he can to his team. This is absolutely NO different than supporting Joe Gibbs by making Coles feel uncomfortable. Snyder gets involved by supporting the players and the team and the coaching staff. Whether it's a nice move like this or a nice move like getting Coles to realize the owner wouldn't back him, Snyder has done everything right in making his football people feel special.

I think for this very reason we have had issues with LaVar since Gibbs got here. LaVar does not have Snyders ear anymore and he fells slighted. LaVar once sat at the kings table and now is in the hall with the rest of the servants( I know a little overblown there)

Just something I was thinking about during the year, not trying to steer the thread away from all the good things Snyder has done.

So I searched and saw nothing about this. I was reading an article on Wynn's surgery and this made me feel good about the owner.

With all the negativity about Taylor and how our offense cannot get it done against Seattle, felt we needed some positive and feel good news.

Not only did Snyder use his plane to fly the WYnn's home, Snyder's wife stayed in Tampa Saturday night with Wynn because they thought he was going to have surgery that night. Snyder came home on the plane with the team (and was on the bus with Gibbs).

When they decided to send Wynn home in the morning.. Snyder's wife was with him and the family on the plane.

I've always liked Snyder. Some woman called the postgame show with Charles Mann on Sunday and said that she was so thankful that Gibbs came back. She went on and on and on about it, and then after that, she said that Dan Snyder was the worst owner and she wished that he would leave. Mann reminded her that the reason Gibbs was back was because of Snyder. She just said "well" about ten times and then was gone. For all the flak that this man has taken one thing is for certain: he does love his team. Most owners are praised for being invisible. That can be good too I guess, but, I like a man who won't settle for scraps. I like a man who will do whatever he has to do to get things right. He inherited an organization that was losing. He had one good season followed by a few very rough ones. Now the ship has turned and it looks great. If he were indeed "invisible" nothing would have changed. He's made mistakes and he's learning from them, but, all in all, he had to rock the boat or nothing gets accomplished. Good for him.

We need to stop talking about this stuff as if it surprises us. They hate Snyder, they hate the Skins, they Washington, they hate etc etc etc. It doesn't matter what happens. Snyder could find a cure for cancer and they would found something to ***** about. "Oh well if I had his money I would have found a cure TWO years ago. That just shows that he doesn't really care. He just wants the publicity." The media is a joke. The rest of the country is a joke. I was in the Army. I've lived from one coast to the other and in Texas. We are so fortunate to live here. I count my blessings everyday.

I think for this very reason we have had issues with LaVar since Gibbs got here. LaVar does not have Snyders ear anymore and he fells slighted. LaVar once sat at the kings table and now is in the hall with the rest of the servants( I know a little overblown there)

Just something I was thinking about during the year, not trying to steer the thread away from all the good things Snyder has done.

Somehow it ALWAYS comes back to Lavar. He's one dude on the team. The Redskins beat Tampa Bay 17-10 and will play Seattle in the divisional round of the playoffs, and Dan Snyder helped (emphasize helped) make it happen.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

First, it has to be said you've just identified ANOTHER good thing Snyder has done by no longer allowing himself to play buddy, buddy with players in a way that creates an atmosphere where players can believe they run the organization. More importantly, it has to be said the reason there are problems with Lavar are because of Lavar. Lavar feels slighted, no doubt. Lavar feels too much. If he'd stop feeling all the invisible daggers he feels and just play, he'd realize he's loved MORE than ever. He just doesn't believe that yet.

There a lot of really good owners in the NFL, and I think Dan Snyder is right up near the top of the heap.

We can all relate to this guy on some level, because he grew up as a passionate 'Skins fan, like many of us.

Sure, he threw a lot of money around bringing in washed up name players, and he made a few mistakes in dealing with Turner and then Schottenheimer. But it was his first time owning a sports franchise. There's a lot to learn. Thank God he seems to have learned very well.

There a lot of really good owners in the NFL, and I think Dan Snyder is right up near the top of the heap.

We can all relate to this guy on some level, because he grew up as a passionate 'Skins fan, like many of us.

Sure, he threw a lot of money around bringing in washed up name players, and he made a few mistakes in dealing with Turner and then Schottenheimer. But it was his first time owning a sports franchise. There's a lot to learn. Thank God he seems to have learned very well.

What mistakes did he make with Turner? He fired Turner which is more than Casserly or Cooke would do. Turner should have been fired 2-3 years before Snyder canned his cowgirl butt. Turner deserved what he got.

Snyder has been at the center of our success this year, even though we haven't seen or heard much (if anything at all) from him this past season.

1) He brought Gibbs back (which, in tur, brought us G. Williams too)

2) He supported Gibbs and the coaches decisions on players (look at Portis and Moss)

3) He's been MORE than generous in helping out our players (Royal, Wynn)

THANK YOU Mr. Snyder for all that you've done for the Redskins!

Archived