Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumors of Gibbs Leaving?

kevinklein

"They gave him the lucrative contract and they also probably gave him a lot more than that: a guarantee that when Gibbs walks away, Williams will take over as the team's head coach. There have been rumors that Gibbs might leave after the season to return to his NASCAR team, so Williams' promotion could happen sooner than later."

That quote is from an article linked on NFL.com - http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9151277/2

It's actually a good article, giving a lot of credit to the Skins' defense. He also comments that Gibbs will have the offensive side of the ball cookin' next week!

I'm just not sure about the rumors of Gibbs leaving?

Disclaimer: In no way am I trying to start a rumor with this thread. I am simply seeking clarification on a quote in the article linked above.

Those rumors started the day he came back.

Haven't you heard? Snyder's a petty tyrant who can't work with anyone, Gibbs will fail miserably because the game has changed too much for his advanced age to catch up with, and he'll leave in disgrace after 2 years.

I'm shocked you didn't know that. Everyone else does.

~Bang

Even if by some miracle we won the Super Bowl this year, I don't see Gibbs leaving. He's trying to not only come back and win, but also to establish a strong team and organization. His work isn't done.

I'd say he's here for a minimum of 2 more years.

As much as I love Gibbs, if we were to win the SB this year, and he retired, it would the ultimate retirement possible. He would have to considered the greatest football coach of all time.

If...uh, WHEN Gibbs wins another Super Bowl, he would have to be considered the greatest coach in NFL history, hands down.

We are 2 years into a five year contract. That leaves three years. Gregg Williams just signed a THREE year contract. Read between the lines.

Gibbs will stay for three more years, wherein GW will take over.

Gibbs has come back, fixed our team, and secured us for the future.

Hail Gibbs!!! :notworthy

We are 2 years into a five year contract. That leaves three years. Gregg Williams just signed a THREE year contract. Read between the lines.

Gibbs will stay for three more years, wherein GW will take over.

Gibbs has come back, fixed our team, and secured us for the future.

Hail Gibbs!!! :notworthy

Right on ... right on!!! :applause:

Gibbs is our coach next year. i believe this 100 percent.

This always happens. there are always rumors at the end of the year that old coaches will leave. Bill parcells addressed this,

GIBBS WILL BE HERE.

If he's not I'll shave my head or something. mark my words. remember this post. An extremeskins member can shave my head for me if Gibbs isnt back next season. Gibbs will be our coach next year.

Pay Attention.Williams resigned as defensive assistant head coach for three years.Joe has three years left on his five. There is no question who is running this show THE GREATEST COACH THIS TEAM HAS EVER HAD.Joe went to NASCAR started a race team from scratch.Hired the right people and turned it into a championship organization.He will continue to mold the REDSKINS into a powerhouse contender.Then he will make sure we have the right people in place to continue to run it the right way.Name me one other person that can walk among the best of two different professional sports and direct them to the top like Joe has.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS AND GOD BLESS JOE GIBBS

Doesn't mean it can't be addressed.

And how exactly would you like it addressed? The only thing you will get is wild speculation running the gammit from "he's gone" to "no way is he gone." No one on these boards is going to give any concrete information so you might as well have titled the thread "Let's start a rumor!"

Gibbs has stated that he plans on fulfilling his 5-year contract.

And how exactly would you like it addressed? The only thing you will get is wild speculation running the gammit from "he's gone" to "no way is he gone." No one on these boards is going to give any concrete information so you might as well have titled the thread "Let's start a rumor!"

Gibbs has stated that he plans on fulfilling his 5-year contract.

I didn't start any rumors, friend. I simply asked a question.

Archived