Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I believe the Seahawks will beat Washington."

jauburn

"I believe the Seahawks will beat Washington. They will overcome their history. They are better than Washington."

That's what Steve Kelley said today.

History is why the anxiety in this city is building toward a panic attack. History is why everything good that has happened this season — the 11 wins in a row, Alexander's MVP, the five offensive players who are assured of starting in the Pro Bowl, and return-from-the-brink wins over Dallas and New York — will mean nothing if the Seahawks lose to Washington.

For this season to be a success, for the Seahawks to feel as if they've truly become one of the NFL's elite teams, they have to beat Washington.

"I've never been one of those guys who says, 'If we don't do this, the season was a waste,' Hawks coach Holmgren said last week. "Let's not say that. We've done some good things this year. But gosh, that first [playoff] win, that would be a great one to win. Then the people still sitting on the fence might fall over into our backyard. It's a big game and I think we have to win."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002728497_kell09.html

On Cold Pizza today, the guys said that the Seahawks, Bears, and Panthers all have an equal shot of winning the conference. No mention of the 'skins, so I geuss the game is already decided.

They're right...the Seahawks, Bears, and Panthers all DO have an equal shot of winning the conference...ZERO...cuz the Redskins are going to the Super Bowl, baby!!! :cheers:

"I believe the Seahawks will beat Washington. They will overcome their history. They are better than Washington."

That's what Steve Kelley said today.

History is why the anxiety in this city is building toward a panic attack. History is why everything good that has happened this season — the 11 wins in a row, Alexander's MVP, the five offensive players who are assured of starting in the Pro Bowl, and return-from-the-brink wins over Dallas and New York — will mean nothing if the Seahawks lose to Washington.

For this season to be a success, for the Seahawks to feel as if they've truly become one of the NFL's elite teams, they have to beat Washington.

"I've never been one of those guys who says, 'If we don't do this, the season was a waste,' Hawks coach Holmgren said last week. "Let's not say that. We've done some good things this year. But gosh, that first [playoff] win, that would be a great one to win. Then the people still sitting on the fence might fall over into our backyard. It's a big game and I think we have to win."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002728497_kell09.html

That's your second Seahawk victory thread you posted today. I thought you were leaving the site after you got blasted for being pessimistic before the Tampa game. :troll: :sucks:

Ah, so the Redskins are the team to beat, eh??? I LOVE IT!!! GO SKINS!!! :cheers:

yo, keep your projections to a minimum here.

they never said that.

any team is the team to beat.

holmgren was saying that we need the win to convince the world that our 13-3 record and 11 game win streak easily translates to the playoffs.

he never said the skins are the team to beat.

he would have said the exact same quote if n.y. or carolina were comin in here next week.

of course, this all would have been clarified if you would have seen the last thing holmgren was quoted saying:

"caw, caw, caw"

That's good every one thinking that way really they should I mean after all they are the #1 seed they have all this offensive firepower blah blah blah we are the lowly 6th seed we have no offense blah blah blah. The pressure is on them they are suppose to win not us. All the skins has to do is just go in there and play their game and let the chips fall where they may. If I was Seattle I would spend a lot of sleepless Nights in Seattle *rimshot*

Jauburn is a douche bag. He started this cry baby thread earlier today about how he is scared and a fare weather fan. So everyone responds telling him to grow a pair and support his team. So what does he do? he starts up another thread about the same thing. Great job toolbox, clog up the message board with repeat threads about your worries, grow some nuts and route for your team, dont snivel and cry about what the media says.

I think the seahawks are going to be very confident in winning this game until at about saturday at like 3 or 4 pm (eastern), and then mad butterflys and anxiety attacks are going to kick in. I hope clinton portis is at the 50 and dances during the coin toss.. that would really make them sick.

Just like nearly the entire NFL said we would not get into the playoffs this year. LOL!!!:laugh: I hope the Greenhawks think they will win!!! I want them to think they will win!! :seahawksu

As opposed to thinking they will lose?

What kind of mantra is that for a team to carry?

Ah, so the Redskins are the team to beat, eh??? I LOVE IT!!! GO SKINS!!! :cheers:

Well uh .. considering the playoffs are win or go home - and you happen to be the team in the way of our season progressing.. no crap you're the team to beat..

And hey guess what? For the Bears.. the Panthers are the team to beat.. For the Colts - it's the Steelers.. for the Broncos.. it's the Patriots!

Some of you Skins fans are amazing.

trufant! yeah boyyee!

i went to school 10 miles from where good ole marcus went. graduated same year.. bunch of my friends had classes with him and knew him...

i'm a tac-town native just like my man marcus! woot! claim to fame!!

k i'll jump off my own sack now and leave you with a trademark

caw

caw

caw

Well uh .. considering the playoffs are win or go home - and you happen to be the team in the way of our season progressing.. no crap you're the team to beat..

And hey guess what? For the Bears.. the Panthers are the team to beat.. For the Colts - it's the Steelers.. for the Broncos.. it's the Patriots!

All i have to say is this:

Hail to the

Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the warpath,

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score

We want a lot more!

Beat 'em Swamp 'em Touchdown

Let the points soar!

Fight on, Fight on,

Til you have won,

Sons of Wash-ing-ton!

Rah! Rah! Rah!

Redskins 24 Chokehawks 20

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu

On Cold Pizza today, the guys said that the Seahawks, Bears, and Panthers all have an equal shot of winning the conference. No mention of the 'skins, so I geuss the game is already decided.

DAAANNGG!!! And I was going to watch it.... Now it's done, gone and over before they even played. :(

You know what he meant, idiot!!!

Archived