Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tainted victory???

BraveWarrior

I don't know about the rest of you, but this win doesn't feel very good to me, and I blame the media for that. All we keep hearing is how bad the offense was, how lucky we were the Tampa WR dropped the TD pass, the phantom spitting incident, blah, blah, blah.

It feels like there is nobody outside of the Redskins and us, the fans, who think the Redskins deserve to be in the playoffs, or that they are even a good team. It's like everyone is snickering when they say "oh, yeah, the Redskins squeaked by the Bucs."

I hate this!!! Sure, the team can use it for extra motivation. And as fans, we know these people are just being stupid, but its really bothering me. I just feel like I can't even enjoy the win. We've all suffered a lot of ups and downs this season, and our reward for sticking with the team as they fought to make the playoffs should be more than this hollow feeling.

Is anyone else feeling the same way? I want to enjoy it, but the media is just totally raining on our parade.:mad:

I suppose if we make it all the way to the Superbowl, they'll all insist it should be canceled because the 'Skins don't really deserve it.

I'd like to rip Sean Salisbury's arms off and beat Tom Jackson with them.

Think back to all the losses we had last year (04) due to games being stolen from us by bad luck or poor refs...now do you really care anymore? All that matters is the W. No one apologized to us last year for fluke losses so we have no need to due so for fluke wins.

As well...luck is 90% preparation. We MADE our luck.

HTTR

Yeah, don't let mediots rain on your parade. If you ask me, it's even sweeter to me when nobody gives us a chance. It proves one thing...Skins fans are by far the most intelligent and have great insight and a faith to their team that nobody else in the NFL or the media has!!!!!

Hey, if it makes you feel better think of it this way. The reporters set it up. Why do you think last week they were bad mouthing the Bucs/skins game. They said it was like a preseason game. blah. blah. blah. Ever hear the media not hyping a playoff game? Why did they do this? Because it help them set the stage to complain about a 'Skins victory. It's nefarious. In the back of their minds they felt the Redskins would win and they remembered all the negative nonsense they'd written. So you downgrade the game beforehand and then afterwards you can say... well, it was only the bucs... or you can say they barely even beat this team... that means nothing.

If they start to worry this week you'll start hearing that the Seahawks are papertigers with an inflated record due to their weak schedule. If they believe the Seahawks will win that will be mostly ignored.

Watch.

Cynicism... the new breakfast cereal. No sugar added. Ever.

Just like MrMadd said, the redskins pulled the equivalent of the pitcher who waves his fielders into the dugout before striking out the side. The defense won that game with no offense and no special teams. That was awesome, and if those clowns don't know enough about football to enjoy it then eff them.

You guys are all right, of course. It doesn't matter what the media is saying. But it's spilling over to everybody else as well. Everybody is coming up to me (even people who don't like or dislike the 'Skins) saying stupid things like "Oh, your team got really lucky" and "If you guys play like that against Seattle, you're going to get your asses kicked." And naturally, I feel inclined to explain why they are much more than a lucky team, but I'm getting so tired of having to defend them. I can only say "Well, a win is a win" so many times before getting pissed off about it.

One friend, who happens to be a Giant fan, complimented the Redskins, and that was nice. He said he wished they had half the defense we have.:)

I have no problem with:

If you guys play like that against Seattle, you're going to get your asses kicked
That's absolutely correct. But the other one,
Your team got really lucky.
That's just plain ignorant. I suppose the Ravens won the Super Bowl by being lucky, seeing as they went many weeks without an offensive touchdown.

Seriously, if you derive your enjoyment from what some other people have to say, then... you have issues.

There is no way a playoff victory COULD be tainted, considering this is our first playoff victory in 13 years. How could you NOT enjoy it? Stop worrying about what the media has to say, someone will always have something bad to say about everything. You cant please everyone.

Be braver warrior ... the Skins are playing with house money ... the "no offense" rap will vanish after next week's game ... the Skins offense matches up much better agaisnt the hawks D ... did you see the game earlier this year ... we will get on top early then crush the Hawks with a defensive turnover or two. Hasselbeck will try to throw his way back into the game and be picked off. Watch. Skins 31 Hawks 10.

Archived