Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to be Exposed

eewise003

I just finished reading Jason Cole's rant on MSNBC.com in which he claims that the Skins will get thumped by the Seahawks. Like every other Redskin fan, I hope Cole and all of the other so-called experts have to eat their words after the Skins beat Seattle. I am wondering if the players actually read such comments and whether the players draw inspiration or motivation from such criticism.

Amazing how these reporters just conveniently forget how we played against the Boys and Giants and just rushes to judge the offense on how they performed against the #1 D in the league while never trailing the game.

Also love how they forget that we beat this team once already. Although it was regular season under totally different circumstances, etc. ,etc. It doesnt change the fact.

You'd be surprised at how much the players read. They definitely know that no so-called "expert" is predicting them to win. They definitely know that the so-called "experts" are laughing at their offensive performance last week.

The last time the "experts" predicted the Skins would be dismantled on the road was week 5 at Denver. And we all know how close that game was.

The only way they get blown out is if they turn the ball over multiple times early in the game. If that doesn't happen, this will be a close game.

To add on, I just finished reading the chat w/ Matt Williamson on ESPN. He believes of course that although the redskins defense is really good, offensively Portis took some big shots in that TB game and Thrash had surgey on his thumb which will hurt us in the game. He believes the injuries have caught up to us, and we will hit a wall, since we've been in the playoffs for almost 6 weeks now.

Actually,Seattle is the team that will be exposed.They earned that 8-0 home record beating up on four stiffs,three above average teams with a pulse,and an Indianapolis team that was treating the game as if it were preseason while the Seahawks went full bore.

The 3 teams with a pulse:

1-beat Atlanta 21-18.The Falcons were coming off their huge Monday nite opener,a revenge game for the NFC championship vs the Eagles.Atlanta ran for 115 yds.

2-beat Dallas 13-10 in a game where Dallas outplayed them,and the Cowboys ran it for 164 yds.

3-beat the Giants 24-21 in ot.Giants outplayed them and lost because of Jay Feeley.New York ran the ball for 166 yds.

The 4 stiffs:

Beat up on Arizona,St Louis,Houston,and San Francisco, teams that everyone beat up on when they hosted them.

The bottom line:

Atlanta,Dallas and New York all hung in against Seattle and were able to grind out yards on the ground in that stadium,but couldn't close the deal.Washington only needs to survive the initial early emotional Seahawk burst and hang in it early.If they can,they'll wear the Seahawks down and finish what those 3 teams weren't able to do.If the Skins can match that Seattle intensity they'll move on to the Championship game.

I just read the msnbc article -- it's hilarious how contradictory it is. He chastizes Gibbs for being too "conservative." Then chastizes Gibbs for calling a passing play late in the 4th quarter on 3rd and 3. He chastizes the Skins' defense because they won't be able to shut down Alexander. Then he calls the defense "stout" for preventing a handful of potentially game-tying drives. Hey pal, take a side and stick to it.

I'm still trying to figure out how Seattle will expose the Skins' D. The Skins' D has been playing phenomal defense for over a month, and has done so against varied offensive attacks (Dallas/NYG power running game; Arizona pass happy game; TB west coast offense). Seattle ain't Indy, folks. I just don't see Seattle scoring a ton of points. Give credit where credit is due. The Skins' D is legit.

They'll hold on and grind the ball on the ground.

Last I heard, Portis had a numb arm after the TD he ran. His nerves are hurt bad in his shoulder but he got a deep tissue massage to get rid of the numbness and feels ok. He said what he really needs is rest--meaning off season--but he's going to play his guts out no matter what the circumstances are. He's a BEAST.

I don't care what they write, the Skin's D is phenominal and will play great against Seattle, what worries me is how our Offense will show up... we made a pretty poor showing on both special teams and offense.... we won't get away with that again...I think the "O" will show up this week !!!

":If Washington tries to play that same coverage against Seattle, NFL MVP Shaun Alexander will run over the Redskins. It’s one thing to challenge worn-out rookie running back Cadillac Williams of the Bucs. It’s another to challenge the best running back in the game today."

What a tard. Yeah, if Washington plays Sea with the same scheme they played TB - yeah, we are indeed going to lose. What a tard.

They survived two challenged calls, an awful offensive performance and at least one remarkably bad play call by coach Joe Gibbs at the end of Saturday's first-round playoff game to get past Tampa Bay.

survived? :laugh: the call were correct..... did Tampa survive the first game? :rolleyes:

Sorry, the upset is not happening. As for knowing how to win tight games, Seattle has mastered the art this season. They are 6-1 in games decided by a touchdown or less. Washington is 5-5.

Furthermore, if not for two missed field goals in regulation against Washington way back in Week 4, the Seahawks would be 7-0 and the Redskins might not even be in the playoffs.

now what was the record of the teams in those games? beating San Fran at the buzzer shows more flaws than strengths, genius.

Washington missed a FG as well, and maybe it doesn't go into OT...... see you have to make the plays to win. playing the "if" game is pointless.... :jerk:

But the trend in football is that small differences tend to become more pronounced as the season goes on and that happened immediately after that game.

same goes for Seattle

With 3:54 remaining in the game, Washington was facing a third-and-3 from its own 24-yard line. As the Redskins came to the line, at least one reporter in the press box turned to another and said, “There’s no way Gibbs will have Brunell throw.”

Against all logic, Gibbs did just that. The result was an interception. And not just a nice play by the Tampa Bay defense, but a truly bad pass by Brunell to exacerbate the bad decision by Gibbs.

Here’s the problem with what Gibbs did. First, he took the ball away from his most consistent offensive player, running back Clinton Portis. Portis wasn’t having a great game (16 carries, 53 yards), but he was starting to show signs of life in the second half with 37 yards on nine carries. Furthermore, Tampa Bay was playing a heavy run-blitz scheme at that point, leaving themselves open for a big gain on a running play if Portis could get away.

Second, the strength of the Tampa Bay defense is its pass coverage, led by cornerbacks Ronde Barber, a Pro Bowler, and Brian Kelly, who many think should also be in Hawaii.

you mean like the first game when media idiots like yourself ripped him apart for not passing? :rolleyes:

Portis was INJURED... hello, know what's happening before inserting foot in mouth.

Actually the strength of the Tampa defense is the run defense, and front four.... but hey facts never changed a good yarn.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10768216/page/2/

What a tard. Yeah, if Washington plays Sea with the same scheme they played TB - yeah, we are indeed going to lose. What a tard.

Hah good point. If Washington flies down to Tampa and jogs onto RayJay at 2:30, it's likely that they will in fact lose to Seattle.

Apparently planning different schemes for different opponents is a lost art, and one the media is unable to recognize.

HAIL :logo:

Archived