Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Punting Tryouts?

FunBunch7

In high school I could punt the ball 35 yards. I'm thinking of trying out for the Redskins punting position this week.

Can you imagine the Skins winning the Super Bowl and Derrick Frost getting a Super Bowl ring? My gosh...

I guess he is our holder so we are stuck with him. Maybe we should just have Brunell throw up a 60 yards pass that get's picked if it is 3rd and a mile.

This guy is killing me!

Wait a second ... I know that shank was awful (and don't get me wrong, I was steamed ...), but WITH that punt he averaged just under 40 ... I thought I remember there being several 40+ NET punts, and I'll take that any day ... he also showed some legs on that chasedown

Every week I wonder why this guy is still on our team. I guess there's not a lot of good punters available, I don't know. He did though have a couple good punts and actually pinned the Bucs pretty deep. But then he had the 14 yard shank at a crucial point. Thanks to MW, it didn't hurt us.

Wait a second ... I know that shank was awful (and don't get me wrong, I was steamed ...), but WITH that punt he averaged just under 40 ... I thought I remember there being several 40+ NET punts, and I'll take that any day ... he also showed some legs on that chasedown

You are exactly right, but

In a playoff game in the 4th quarter you can not, can not punt a ball 14 yards. Thank god for the D, if our d wasn't top 10 they would have tied the game up thanks to that punt.

Frost is improving but out of the 8 teams left, he is by far the worst punter out of the bunch.

Tupa wouldve been great this year if not for the injury, I hope we can have him back next year :cheers:

I'll defend Frost's performance over the last 10 games or so as well. The shank sucked but I guarantee he was told to kick away from Galloway and the guy definitely saved us from a punt return for 6.

I don't have time to chase stats but it sures seems like he's been pretty solid since maybe November.

I'm not saying the coaches shouldn't give him a good run for his money with competition in the summer but to me the guy has done a lot to redeem himself since his early season dismal performances.

Nevermind the fact that he may have hurt himself with that game saving tackle on the return. Maybe, just MAYBE that affected him on that 14 yard punt..

Well he had 2 net 14 yd punts.

Kicking from the Bucs34 it went in for a touchback.

Awful. And that was his first punt of the game.

He's all over the place. 50 yds, 35 yds, 14????yds.

Realize how hard that makes it for the coverage units people.

Do you want to put Mike Sellars back there? I saw the Bucs punt return guy fumble one too.

Please man, Brown coughs up the ball/falls down practically every time. When he does hold onto the ball he makes horrible decisions like when to fair catch. This guy is going to cost us big time before the playoffs are over for us. It blows my mind that Gibbs and Smith keep running him out there. I would much rather take the small chance of Santana getting hurt than letting this bum handle the football.

Well he had 2 net 14 yd punts.

Kicking from the Bucs34 it went in for a touchback.

Awful. And that was his first punt of the game.

He's all over the place. 50 yds, 35 yds, 14????yds.

Realize how hard that makes it for the coverage units people.

Wow, someone else actually watched the game besides me.

I don't hate Frost, but I will not defend his kicking. He is average at BEST.

I posted on these topics yesterday morning.

Moss should be returning our punts. Carolina does it with Steve Smith and we should do it with Moss. It's just another way to get him the ball.

Frost is bad. We can not keep him next year.

John Hall's kickoffs are brutal. I wonder if Frost could do better. We can't let Seattle start on their own 40 every time like Tampa did.

That's B.S. They were looking at his eye on the sideline. He got poked in the eye by the return man from TB.

He was wearing a patch yesterday outside of Redskins park. The injury could have affected his eye and the horrible punt was a non-factor thanks to our D, especially Griffin and Washington.

He was wearing a patch yesterday outside of Redskins park. The injury could have affected his eye and the horrible punt was a non-factor thanks to our D, especially Griffin and Washington.

Eye injuries do not affect your ability to kick a football. I am blind and kicked for the cowboys back in the 80s.

Do you need more than one eye to punt anyways? Do you even need one eye? Maybe the injury did affect the shank, but I don't understand how. And how the hell did he hurt his eye making that tackle? And for the record, Frost sucks. He's cost us field position all year. I mean he did have a few good punts Sat, but like a previous poster said, he is too inconsistent. He's a liability.

Every week I wonder why this guy is still on our team. I guess there's not a lot of good punters available, I don't know. He did though have a couple good punts and actually pinned the Bucs pretty deep. But then he had the 14 yard shank at a crucial point. Thanks to MW, it didn't hurt us.

How bout former MD Terp Brooks Bernard?

Novak worked for us, why not Brooks? He could hit a ball a mile!

I was starting to feel good about Frost until that shank. I think he was ordered to keep the ball away from Galloway and just flubbed it. Although he did get off a booming 8 yarder out of the endzone last year against the Ravens that cost the Browns the game.

Archived