Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fan from Germany

wildboy

At first excuse my English, it is not the very best, but I try......

Ok.....My name is Sascha. I´m a fanatic American Football Fan for 16 years now. I life in Euskirchen, a small city near Cologne, Germany.

I have a Fanclub which supports the NFLE Team Cologne Centurions and the GFL Team Cologne Falcons. One of the last season Players, Demetric Evans, plays for the Skins and we are very proud of that.

I would like to have more contacct the fans of the skins or the nfl at all.

What I wanted to know: Is there something similar as *Fans are Friends* in the NFL??? Here we have it. Let me sortly explain how does it works. Before the the game we drink beer together, during the games we sing and make noise against the other team and after the game we drink and party together until the early morning:-) We also organize big Partys for all fans in Europe.

We have also a Website: http://www.wildboyz-euskirchen.de

It is in german, but we have also forum, a gallerie ( with hundreds of pictures) and so on. Maybe you like to discuss with us. I would discuss with you also here.

Thank for reading and maybe answering.

Best wishes from Germany

Sascha

Ps. The Superbowl to the Skins!!!!!!!:gaintsuck :notworthy

Willkommen.

What you speak of is what we call "Tail-gating". Fans gathering before and after the games to drink and party. The term comes from people who would lower the tailgate of a pick up truck, and set up BBQ's (charcole stoves) prior to sporting events.

It is not a sanctioned activity by the teams, and done completely by fans alone for the most part. It goes on in the parking areas of every stadium before and after games.

If you look at the first two or three pages on this forum, you will find many photos from our latest game at Tampa Florida.

Prost :cheers:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138501

Willkommen.

What you speak of is what we call "Tail-gating". Fans gathering before and after the games to drink and party. The term comes from people who would lower the tailgate of a pick up truck, and set up BBQ's (charcole stoves) prior to sporting events.

It is not a sanctioned activity by the teams, and done completely by fans alone for the most part. It goes on in the parking areas of every stadium before and after games.

If you look at the first two or three pages on this forum, you will find many photos from our latest game at Tampa Florida.

Prost :cheers:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138501

Hi Pete, thank you for answering.

That isn´t that what I mean @ all. We also tailgate during the season with fans of other teams. The last thing we organized was a christmasmarket singing. 60 Fans from Germany and Holland came to this Event. It was great.

Every year is also a really big event after the season. we rent a big ship and party with more than 400 fans from England, Scotland, Spain, Holland and Germany a whole day.

All these events are organized by fans. There are no officials!!!!!!!!

If somebody like, join us during or after the season and have fun with us.

Next year we gonna fly to Tampa to visit the NFLE players camp

I can also tell you, watch the pictures in our gallerie. At the moment it is just a *best of*, but the season starts on march 18th;) . Than there will be thousands of pictures. ( http:www.wildboyz-euskirchen.de )

Take a look and get impressions about football in Europe. That would be great.

Do you have something like a PowerParty before the game??? 4 hours before the game there is everytime a big PowerParty, where every fan can party.

Hope to hear more from you

Viele Gruesse

Sascha

Weclome to the site! Be sure to explore all the forums and enjoy! You should see more of Evans playing against Seattle this Sunday. Was he a popular player with the people in Cologne?

Yes he was. But all players were popular. We had the chance to go with them to after games partys. We also be able to take a seat next to them in a tram, at Burger King or where ever. I think we are the only team in the NFL Europe where that works. We had a lot of contact to them and we hope that everyone who plays for the Centurions get a contract in the NFL.

We are just proud that there is the first german who signed a two years contract with KS Chiefs. His name is Peter Heyer. Does anybody knows him? No??? In the near future you will;) .

Gruess

Sascha

Welcome to the board Wildboy. I must say it is nice to see that there are huge fans of American football in Germany and all over Europe.

NFL Europe is a concept that is starting to catch on here in the NFL. It will never be as main stream as the NFL here in america is but we the fans are starting to see that the NFL europe is a great place to find talent.

If you ever get a chance to come to the states and want to see a tailgate party for yourself you should try it. They are a lot of fun.

:cheers:

Welcome to the board Wildboy. I must say it is nice to see that there are huge fans of American football in Germany and all over Europe.

NFL Europe is a concept that is starting to catch on here in the NFL. It will never be as main stream as the NFL here in america is but we the fans are starting to see that the NFL europe is a great place to find talent.

If you ever get a chance to come to the states and want to see a tailgate party for yourself you should try it. They are a lot of fun.

:cheers:

Thx,

I can tell you, that there are thousands of American Football fans, especially in Germany. Normally soccer is no. 1 here in Germany and Europe, but it still works. The last season we had the highest audience average from the beginning of the NFL-E. It was 19.000. It sounds not really much, but every year there are coming more people to watch the games.

Yes it is great place to find talent. Remember for example Kurt Warner. He played for the Amsterdam Admirals:-))

If I ever can, I would like to have a tailgaiting party with you and your friends. I was in the states a few years ago. I saw college Football and it was also great...

But if you have anytime the change to come to Germany, give me a message. We would have party with you, too. It is a little bit different, but I think you would like it..... .

Best wishes

Sascha

Archived