Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuthill?

Chris 44

Firstly, hope I got his name right. Secondly, anyone else glad to see a skins kicker boot one past the 10 yard line, and actually put a kickoff in to the endzone. Thirdly, me thinks Conway may have a rough time coming back from injury and we may see Tuthill in to the regular season. Slow night huh?:rolleyes:

I read a post article on this. I don't know much about Tuthill, but I remember the revolving kicker door experience we recently had before we got Conway back. From the article I read, Conway sounded pretty paranoid that the Skins might tire of the 'wait and see' on whether his quad injury heals for good and in time for the money games. He probably is right to worry...Spurrier's also made some remarks that Conway 'kicks less' than any kicker he's ever seen, so that makes me wonder if SS is committed to Conway. I'm not a big 'kicker guy'...its not exactly the manliest position, but it could also make or break us. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I am doubtful they'll take 2 kickers into the season, and thats pretty much what the post article said.

yeah, i loved tuthill's kickoffs. haven't seen that in quite a while. hate seeing kickoffs go to the 10 (or 20:doh: ).

the post said today that if conway isn't ready to go by the first game (meaning, in this case, the last cut down), the skins will let him go. conway was ok. beat hell outta the three guys that norv played with in his stead (another brilliant norval move:shootinth), but i'm leaning toward favoring letting him go if he can't keep his leg healthy. sheez, it's not like we're asking him to kleep his whole body healthy. just kick the damn ball.

my only issue is that kickers can be head cases....do you remember when Chip Lohmiller went from rock solid to a basket case. I'd hate to see Conway go because he can nail the long one's under pressure. Kickoffs and field goals are 2 entirely different skills in my point. Short of missing the ball kickoffs are pretty standard stuff and we're not going to lose a game because of poor kickoffs.

naw you're right, hence the 'I'd rather throw a td and an interception than kick 2 field goals' comments. maybe for once we won't live and die on 3 points. if i have to watch another game-ending opponent drive with 70 seconds left, I'm not sure I can take it. good point.

Those Janikowski kicks are pretty strange. They start of right down the middle and seem to hook at the last second. That HAS to be something mechanical.

As for Conway, he kicked pretty well last year hitting better than 78% of his FGs. I don't care if he rarely kicks duing preseason as long as he makes them when it counts. I just hope he's not jerking our chain and his leg is really worse than he's letting on.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

The Janikowski pick in the first round was the worst in the history of the NFL. Who the hell wastes a top pick on a kicker that can't kick? The members of Oaklands FO should be ashamed.

At least he's scored points in the league. And he seems to be able to kick it the farthest of any kicker I've seen lately. He's sorta the NFL equivilent of golfer John Daly.

Anyway, I still think Demetrius Underwood is the biggest first round bust of all time.

This isn't the first time a hip flexor has sidelined Conway, and weather Spurrier likes it or not, he needs a solid kicker. This dude looks to have a pretty good shot from what I see.

Many say kickers are a dime a dozen, yet we've carried 3 at one point and still couldn't get the job done. It's all a joke when it comes to kickers till the miss that game winning shot.

Archived