Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ALL of the pressure is on Seattle. ALL of it. 100% and I LOVE it!

kleese

If we lose this week, I would still call the 2005 season an A+. Our win last week ensured that.

No matter what, we are going to enter next year as one of the Super Bowl favorites (whether the media says so or not). We have every single significant player under contract, and with Williams returning, it solidifies the chemistry and continuity we've seen all year. We won't have any subtractions from the roster, and we will most asuredly add at least a few pieces (another WR, maybe a DE?).

So, regardless of what happens in Seattle on Saturday, we're in GREAT shape having had a GREAT season.

Seattle, on the other hand, is facing a virtual must-win game for their franchise and the Holmgren regime.

Gibbs is in year two of rebuilding the skins, Holmgren is in year seven of rebuilding the Seahawks. They earned the #1 seed. They earned homefield. They haven't won a playoff game in 21 years. If not now, when?

If the Seahawks lose this game, it's going to be very hard for them to feel good about this season. Rather than focus on the franchise best record, all people will talk about is how the Seahawks blew another playoff game and how much of their efforts this year were wasted.

We lose, and we're still thrilled with the season and the future.

They lose, and there is a HUGE dark cloud hanging over the franchise all off-season.

Next year, I HOPE we're in Seattle's position. I hope we have the #1 or #2 seed and have the pressure on us facing an upstart team. It's not a bad position to be in-- it's just a fact. The pressure is on them.

And winning the game the way we did last week bolsters us even further, IMO. We scored 30+ points the last three weeks of the season, but the only thing anyone can talk about now is our awful second half of offense in Tampa. That's fine with me. Now, NO ONE thinks we have a shot on Saturday, as they gloss over our 6 game winning streak, our dominant defense, and oh yeah-- they fact that we did BEAT Seattle once this year already (albeit what seems like ages ago).

I have respect for Seattle. I think the defense is suspect, but that offense is incredibly balanced. Their O line is vastly underrated-- probably the best in the NFL. And while none of the WR's scare me individually, the three of them combine to cause problems--- Engram ate us alive in the first meeting. And of course, no one can deny what a roll Shaun Alexander is on.

So, by NO means do I bash anyone who thinks Seattle is going to win the game. As a matter of fact, I may pick them myself. However, I love the emotional angle of this game for us. I think it's very possible the Seahawks come out a bit over-amped and maybe even a bit tight-- they haven't played a game that mattered in about a month. On the other hand, we're so confident and loose right now that it may lead to a good start in the game, which could lead to more tightness from Seattle.

All I'm saying is that all of the pressure is on them this week, and I love it :)

All we need to do is get a lead and the noose will tighten. Going against our defense is difficult for any team, especially when they're behind. If we can get Seattle out of their game plan we can take them out. Any game can turn on turnovers and we've been doing a good job of creating them lately. They should be very concerned about playing us. 6 straight wins, proven playoff coaching staff, we are on a serious roll right now.

I gotta believe we'll focus our efforts on stopping Alexander. If we're successful (say keep him under 100 yds and limit to one TD) I believe we win. I don't think Hasselback can beat us...and their defense is suspect.

Yea, I love the pressure is on them angle...so true.

I agree completely.

I think the two offenses that have had the best success against us during the regular season are the Bucs and the 4th quarter Seattle offense on those two drives (and of course the game that shall never be mentioned again in the Meadowlands, but that was due to some freakish spiritual stuff that the Giants had that week :) ). That drive, Seattle kept converting 3rd downs, and converted that crucial 4th down. Receivers were open underneath and Hasselbeck was very accurate and patient in finding them. Hopefully Taylor can cause some alligator arms Saturday. :)

I have respect for Seattle. I think the defense is suspect,

I agree, I do not see know players on thier defense that scares me like the Bucs D did. I am saying the pressure is on them, thier time is now. If they lose I just do not think they will recover like that and Alexander is going to leave them and go to a team that has a shot at the Super Bowl or something. So all I gotta say is: Seahawks yah whole franchise is basicaly on the line and you have to play the hottest team in the leauge right now, I fell your pain. Matter fact I do not fell your pain.

The key to this upcoming game is to contain and bone up on Shaun Alexander. The defense can't let this guy run wild out there. The Redskins defense haven't allowed a 100 yard rushing performance since LaDanian Tomilson did it before the winning streak. I trust our defense will give Alexander problems and force Seattle to pass. Defensively, Seattle is not a top notch defense. They're okay, but they are not totally solid. Offensively Mark Brunell, Santana Moss, and Clinton Portis should explode out there.

The longer we keep it close, the further the noose tightens on them-- I agree with that 100%. That's why I'm less concerned about Alexander and more concerned about their passing game. Obviously, I don't want Alexander gashing us for 20 and 30 yard runs, but I can handle a slow grind where he racks up his yards. I think the key is boning up in the red zone. Keep Alexander out of the end zone.

When they hurt is late in the game in DC it was because Hasslebeck got into a groove and started killing us underneath. And that was before Joe J. became more of a factor in their offense. Those are three tough WR's to cover when you've already got to worry about a top notch running game. And Hasslebeck is smart enough to get them the ball. However, Hasslebeck has also been prone to some bonehead moments over his career-- I'd like to get him into as many third down situations as possible. And that may mean giving ground on the run.

Don't think that the Skins players don't feel pressure. Maybe the fans will have the consolation of winning a playoff game, but all the team should be thinking about is Super Bowl or failure.

Actually the players are thinking superbowl. They sound extremely confident but not ****y. They say after every game, " were not finished yet" , "no one is ready to go home". This is a Championship type team...and a team that is as tough as nails. I am confident we will be in the superbowl, but if not, This team has taken a huge step forward this season. The pressure is more on the chickens, I mean, they get all this media hype all year, they got a bye week, they got home-field advantage, they are supposedly the best team in the NFC, and frankly, If they plan on beating the redskins this saturday, they have to be the best in the NFC to do it, I dont think they are the best, and I dont think they can beat us.

What we have to do is stay close late in the game, whether it's up a bit or down a bit. When the game gets tough late thats where we can take advantage because thats where we play our game, Seattle will be scared as they are supposed to rout us and will have all the pressure of making a big play, and thats where we can take advantage of mistakes.

This game turns on the effectiveness of our offensive line--pure and simple.

I have no questions about Mark Brunell (notwithstanding his problems in the last few games) or our receivers (including Cooley). Our defense is stout and will only get stouter with Sean Springs back--though the loss of Mr. Wynn is not going to help, Daniels has had a coming out party this year and will likely have at least a sack.

This leaves us to special teams, which were atrocious last game and the aforementioned offensive line.

If the OL comes out strong and blocks well for CP, we win. Pure and simple. If not, we're going to have trouble.

I really think it's that simple.

This game turns on the effectiveness of our offensive line--pure and simple.

I have no questions about Mark Brunell (notwithstanding his problems in the last few games) or our receivers (including Cooley). Our defense is stout and will only get stouter with Sean Springs back--though the loss of Mr. Wynn is not going to help, Daniels has had a coming out party this year and will likely have at least a sack.

This leaves us to special teams, which were atrocious last game and the aforementioned offensive line.

If the OL comes out strong and blocks well for CP, we win. Pure and simple. If not, we're going to have trouble.

I really think it's that simple.

I like our chances against Seattle's Dline. I think Samuels will feel like he's facing his little brother in Grant Wistrom after having to deal with Simeon Rice for 60 minutes last weekend If we get Portis out in the open then, I agree, our chances are good. Then things will open up to Moss and we are in good shape. But doesn't Seattle have that really good corner from Ohio State who grew up in Maryland? Oh wait...he's ours now. :silly:

Their defense is suspect at best we will have opportunties to make plays however the one thing that does concern me about their defense and it's an impressive number they have 50 sacks on quarterbacks so our OL has to play lights out along that line give Brunell time to throw the ball. I still believe you can run the ball on this team they haven't faced a power running game all season really with the exception of us in the first meeting and CP had a pretty decent day he didn't get 100 but he was close..

All we need to do is get a lead and the noose will tighten. Going against our defense is difficult for any team, especially when they're behind. If we can get Seattle out of their game plan we can take them out. Any game can turn on turnovers and we've been doing a good job of creating them lately. They should be very concerned about playing us. 6 straight wins, proven playoff coaching staff, we are on a serious roll right now.

The key is doing exactly what we did in Tampa. On the road, you get an early lead, shut the crowd up and force the other team out of its game plan. I'd love to be able to protect that lead by scoring more points and by holding the ball by getting first downs, but at a minimum you get that early lead.

If we lose this week, I would still call the 2005 season an A+. Our win last week ensured that.

No matter what, we are going to enter next year as one of the Super Bowl favorites (whether the media says so or not). We have every single significant player under contract, and with Williams returning, it solidifies the chemistry and continuity we've seen all year. We won't have any subtractions from the roster, and we will most asuredly add at least a few pieces (another WR, maybe a DE?).

So, regardless of what happens in Seattle on Saturday, we're in GREAT shape having had a GREAT season.

Seattle, on the other hand, is facing a virtual must-win game for their franchise and the Holmgren regime.

Gibbs is in year two of rebuilding the skins, Holmgren is in year seven of rebuilding the Seahawks. They earned the #1 seed. They earned homefield. They haven't won a playoff game in 21 years. If not now, when?

If the Seahawks lose this game, it's going to be very hard for them to feel good about this season. Rather than focus on the franchise best record, all people will talk about is how the Seahawks blew another playoff game and how much of their efforts this year were wasted.

We lose, and we're still thrilled with the season and the future.

They lose, and there is a HUGE dark cloud hanging over the franchise all off-season.

Next year, I HOPE we're in Seattle's position. I hope we have the #1 or #2 seed and have the pressure on us facing an upstart team. It's not a bad position to be in-- it's just a fact. The pressure is on them.

And winning the game the way we did last week bolsters us even further, IMO. We scored 30+ points the last three weeks of the season, but the only thing anyone can talk about now is our awful second half of offense in Tampa. That's fine with me. Now, NO ONE thinks we have a shot on Saturday, as they gloss over our 6 game winning streak, our dominant defense, and oh yeah-- they fact that we did BEAT Seattle once this year already (albeit what seems like ages ago).

I have respect for Seattle. I think the defense is suspect, but that offense is incredibly balanced. Their O line is vastly underrated-- probably the best in the NFL. And while none of the WR's scare me individually, the three of them combine to cause problems--- Engram ate us alive in the first meeting. And of course, no one can deny what a roll Shaun Alexander is on.

So, by NO means do I bash anyone who thinks Seattle is going to win the game. As a matter of fact, I may pick them myself. However, I love the emotional angle of this game for us. I think it's very possible the Seahawks come out a bit over-amped and maybe even a bit tight-- they haven't played a game that mattered in about a month. On the other hand, we're so confident and loose right now that it may lead to a good start in the game, which could lead to more tightness from Seattle.

All I'm saying is that all of the pressure is on them this week, and I love it :)

Great post and spot on :cheers:

Archived