Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to see some trick plays in Sea

Vladimir L

it would be nice to see a half-back pass every now and then.

also those wr screens dipsy do back to the qb to throw deep to a wr are so high percentage I cant believe nobody does it every down. Even when a great like gardner would do it under spurrier, it took an act of God to drop it a % from 100% successfull.

I just like to beat Seattle up front, and have no reason to use trick plays :D

Truth. We win the battle of the lines we win the game. Still, a little wrinkle here or there wouldn't be bad. We've run the HB pass a few times with moderate success. Teams are so keyed on Santana that a throwback might be interesting. But what I'd really like to see is a trick play on special teams. We ran a ton of them back during the Gibbs I tenure when Wayne Sevier was the special teams coach.

it would be nice to see a half-back pass every now and then.

What are you talking about? We did that for the last 2 or 3 strait games. I even saw Riggins do that in the 1983 NFC championship game against the 49ers. Gibbs uses that play alot.

I like that play the Steelers pulled off today against the Bengals! That was the most creative and innovative play I have ever seen! I loved it!

But I think we can beat Seattle with out doing Trick plays. Save the trick plays for against a tough Bears or Panthers defense if we gotta play them.

Although, I do like the End Around or the Reverse to get the ball into Moss's hands.

I think when we lost Gardner we lost the trick play ability. I wish we would of kept Gardner he was always good for trick plays. Also a solid WR better then any of our back ups now.

What are you kidding. He had two trick plays in his aresenol..........

1. Was a pass

2. the other was dropping the short pass

He was a cancer in the locker room and you wanted to keep him. Look how he did in Carolina.

Ummm, we've been pretty trick-play friendly lately.

We've run the halfback pass a few times down the stretch (including at TB), we ran a reverse and fake reverse vs. TB, and we put a wrinkle on the screen pass play where Moss took off (and was open) deep after faking screen. Also, we've run a flea-flicker once or twice this year too...

Now, I realize none of those examples are anywhere near what Pittsburgh pulled off in Cincy, but they are all examples of "trick" plays which are designed to go against the tendencies we've shown teams on film.

Archived