Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wise Up Skin Fans!!!

MCruz1984

You know, I am a third generation skins fan and no one wants another Bowl Championship more than me, but I can't fathom where many of you people get your information...

Some of you people and this is no way directed at all of you guys, but some of you people need to start watching football and learn more about the game...

First off...Why in the hell would some of you want to start Ramsey or Campbell even for Saturday's game...What is that going to do for us??? Why are you blaming Mark Brunell for our poor offensive playing against the Bucs...All we did was run the ball, but so many people seem to be stuck up Portis' a$$ they will never say anything bad about him...

Many of you think that our offense played well against Tampa...Did you see the same game I did..."But that okays that our Offense sucked, b/c they were up against the best D in the league." Yeah they have an astonishing D, but we still put up 35 points against them at our first meet. "As long as our D shows up that is all that matters." What the hell, do you think our D is going to win us the SuperBowl...You need a complete team to take on the likes of the Colts, Panthers, Seahawks, Patriots etc.

I was accused of not being a fan of the skins at all, merely b/c i think that Seattle will win on Saturday...You damn right I think they are going to win.."But they had the easiest schedule in Football this season." You don't win the number 1 seed in the NFC unless you have a great and exceptional football team...They are 8-0 at home...I hope we slaughter them, but b/c i don't think we will win, I am supposedly not a fan...I guess I can throw away my skin jerseys, hats, clothes, and screensaver...Give Me A Break!!!

I think I finally understand why so many people on this forum are complaining about the rise in BandWagon fans...True Fans know football and what is needed for the skins to win and true fans don't make ridiculous assumptions that many of you have made.

FOREVER SKINS!!!! GO BRUNELL!!!:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

Many excellent points, my friend. It is absurd that some could ask for Ramsey or even Campbell, when it isn't 100% Brunell's fault that the ball isn't moving offensively. As far as I know....Brunell does not call the plays...most skins fans are very respectable and nice to talk to, but some just make you roll your eyes and you hope they don't give the rest of the fans a bad name....

What is the point of your post? Seattle had an EASY schedule. TB had a tough defense. I know football and am disappointed in our offense....but what is YOUR point?

I am a true Redskins fan too.

To think before you post...To not have the message board be overrun by ignorant comments...Its okay to be opionionated, but be careful when you use absolutes....

I think he's just addressing some of the ridiculous comments that other Skins fans are making about some things. Granted, we are all individuals and have our own opinions, but some people are just dealing out absolutes, and you have to be careful when you deal with absolutes.

Example:

"Ramsey should start instead of Brunell, then we'd do more offensively".

"Why do you say that?"

"I dunno. He just should"

That's what people are saying, and i don't think statistically and factually it adds up.

You know, I am a third generation skins fan and no one wants another Bowl Championship more than me, but I can't fathom where many of you people get your information...

Some of you people and this is no way directed at all of you guys, but some of you people need to start watching football and learn more about the game...

First off...Why in the hell would some of you want to start Ramsey or Campbell even for Saturday's game...What is that going to do for us??? Why are you blaming Mark Brunell for our poor offensive playing against the Bucs...All we did was run the ball, but so many people seem to be stuck up Portis' a$$ they will never say anything bad about him...

Many of you think that our offense played well against Tampa...Did you see the same game I did..."But that okays that our Offense sucked, b/c they were up against the best D in the league." Yeah they have an astonishing D, but we still put up 35 points against them at our first meet. "As long as our D shows up that is all that matters." What the hell, do you think our D is going to win us the SuperBowl...You need a complete team to take on the likes of the Colts, Panthers, Seahawks, Patriots etc.

I was accused of not being a fan of the skins at all, merely b/c i think that Seattle will win on Saturday...You damn right I think they are going to win.."But they had the easiest schedule in Football this season." You don't win the number 1 seed in the NFC unless you have a great and exceptional football team...They are 8-0 at home...I hope we slaughter them, but b/c i don't think we will win, I am supposedly not a fan...I guess I can throw away my skin jerseys, hats, clothes, and screensaver...Give Me A Break!!!

I think I finally understand why so many people on this forum are complaining about the rise in BandWagon fans...True Fans know football and what is needed for the skins to win and true fans don't make ridiculous assumptions that many of you have made.

FOREVER SKINS!!!! GO BRUNELL!!!:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

I agree with the vast majority of your post -- and almost everyone in the country feels we have no chance. Still, no one thought we would beat Dallas. No one thought we would beat NYG. No one thought we were going to the playoffs. Then everyone said "there is NO WAY this team can go to Tampa and win after already playing what amounted to 5 playoff games". But we did.

Of course, all I have heard tonight is the same story about we will be too emotionally drained to win in Seattle. I tell ya what. I think we match up better with seattle than we did with Tampa. Our entire offense is predicated around being able to run the ball. We will have more success on the ground vs Seattle. Our defense is built to shut down the run. I dont see Alexander going off on us. Plus, Seattle plays in the worst division in football (by far). People used to make fun of the NFC North but I dare anyone to tell me that division was worse than the West. Seattle got to play two games against; the rams, the 49ers, and the cardinals. Are you kidding? That is 6 wins right there. Let us play those three teams 6 times in a season and see what our record would be.......

I'm not guaranteeing a skins win but you factor all those things together with the fact that we are playing MUCH better ball at this point than we were when we BEAT them earlier this season.....and I think it is going to be a lot more interesting than most are predicting........that is why they play the games.

A. I don't judge true fans on how many hats, jerseys or screen savers that they own. Thats just petty

B. If you look at Seattle's home schedule, there is a reason they are 8-0 at home. You can become the number one team in the NFC if you are an average team with a patty cake schedule

C. I agree with you about sticking with Brunell, what I don't agree with is the idea that the defense can't carry us to the super bowl. The offense has been hit and miss all season, including this 6 game win streak. When the offense is weak, the defense steps up and carries the burden. Thats what good teams do: find ways to do.

D. We're going to dominate the Hawks next week.

Hail.

okay understandable, but what is your point

guess this time my sarcasm didn't show....stupid internet....you were saying that ppl were complaining about who should start and blah blah blah and it's annoying...and yet ur complaining about them complaining....... :laugh:

ok...so i was kinda lame :doh:

You make some good points, but really, this thread doesnt do anyone any good. Just ignore the silly posts, starting a war isnt going to help anything.

And keep the faith man, I consider myself a knowledgable fan, and I know the Seahawks are good, but going through the week thinking we are going to lose cant be that much fun. There is no way you are going to get a message board full of die hard Skins fans flat out admitting they dont think we will win. And I dont see how thats a bad thing.

Like I said before, this isnt a Peyton Manning type offense. With our running game, any decent qb should be able to move our offense better than yesterday. But not a hurt one. Some of you people still wont accept that fact that Brunell is hurt.

I predict a win also. Alot of the teams that Seattle has beat, we have also beaten, plus the fact that we have beaten Seattle.

And the Defense could carry us to the superbowl, sure....but what makes the team great is the fact that we have the tools to be both Offensively, and Defensively dominant! A dominant offense, and a dominant defense, makes you Dangerous!

And if they get both, they'll be like the Skins of old! HOG POWER!

I love the skins too...but the things you are saying, right or wrong, will be judged by some, not all, people in this forum as anti-skins, and you will be accused of being a troll, and not a "true fan" as you say it. trust me, I've been there and done that.

but...I think you have every right to say these things and I will tell you to keep voiceing your opinion no matter what sort of crybaby fanboys try to brainwash you into thinking that everything that the skins do is perfect.

I agree with you that many in this forum don't know squat about football....I started a thread critizing Portis for carrying the ball in his right arm when he was running left of center...and WOW you would have thought I killed some ones dog or farted at the dinner table. No matter how many times I argued the fundamentals of the game all these fanboys wanted to see was someone critizing Portis.....even though I love portis and wouldn't trade him for any back in the NFL, and I stated that over and over.

so my advice...keep posting your thoughts.....filter out the Idiots....keep a thick skin...:)

I love the skins too...but the things you are saying, right or wrong, will be judged by some, not all, people in this forum as anti-skins, and you will be accused of being a troll, and not a "true fan" as you say it. trust me, I've been there and done that.

but...I think you have every right to say these things and I will tell you to keep voiceing your opinion no matter what sort of crybaby fanboys try to brainwash you into thinking that everything that the skins do is perfect.

I agree with you that many in this forum don't know squat about football....I started a thread critizing Portis for carrying the ball in his right arm when he was running left of center...and WOW you would have thought I killed some ones dog or farted at the dinner table. No matter how many times I argued the fundamentals of the game all these fanboys wanted to see was someone critizing Portis.....even though I love portis and wouldn't trade him for any back in the NFL, and I stated that over and over.

so my advice...keep posting your thoughts.....filter out the Idiots....keep a thick skin...:)

This man knows what he is talking about...:applause: :notworthy

Some of these guys here have never even thrown a football, let alone played the game, and can flame people's threads and call their ideas stupid. Just like these Brunell criticisms, only few can actually cite evidence of why Brunell did poor, but most can always offer "Well, they should just play Ramsey".

It's driving me crazy, the criticisms of Brunell, even though he doesn't call the plays and Coach Joe was the one that formulated the Run, Run, Run, Punt, last night. And don't think I'm criticising Coach Gibbs on that one. He did what he knew, and what he knew worked last night against the Bucs.

But Coach Joe also knows how to be offensively dominant, and I just hope that he does it on Saturday.

Most of you guys are great skins fans, but there are enough fanboys around to give us all a bad name. Come on..... Thanks to fellow fans who got the meaning of MCruz's message....

We beat seattle with a strong passing attack. No one should forget that. We converted an absurd amount of 3rd downs in that game - something to the effect of 9/13, give or take a few. Running game is fine, but we have to throw more effectively. We have to use the middle of the field too, which gibbs has been refusing to do. Every time we use it we have good plays. Tampa left the middle open because they know we only throw outside the numbers.

We beat seattle with a strong passing attack. No one should forget that. We converted an absurd amount of 3rd downs in that game - something to the effect of 9/13, give or take a few. Running game is fine, but we have to throw more effectively. We have to use the middle of the field too, which gibbs has been refusing to do. Every time we use it we have good plays. Tampa left the middle open because they know we only throw outside the numbers.

I agree with you...I think that we definitely have a shot against Seattle...My thread wasn't about Saturday's game...I was merely stating that it seems that you can't be a skins fan if you say something negative about the team such as I don't think we can win on Saturday...Your thread is well thought out..A lot better than..."well i believe we can win, your not a true fan." LOL..

Okay football guru. Because we believe the Redskins will win this saturday and you say they will loose, that makes us ignorant? Your right about the QB situation. Not Brunnells fault. Yes, the Bucs have the #1 defense and that did make it hard for our offense to move the ball. I mean this is the playoffs! Did you think the bucs were going to let us walk all over them. Assuming you work, do you have a perfect day at work everyday? Probably not and so was the case with the Redskins and for every team in this league for that matter. That's why you hear that old saying " Any team can be beaten on any given sunday ".

I'm not going to say that your not a Redskin fan but man, you are a pessamist (hope I spelled that right). Sometimes it's not the team with all of the talent that wins, it's the team that has faith in it self and each other. The ones who really believe, no matter what the odds, that they can win. It doesn't take a football guru, like yourself, to figure that out.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

does seattle have home field advantage? yes

r we the lowest seed in the NFC? yes

Has a 5th or 6th seed team EVER won a super bowl? no

Which team is riding a six game winning streak? the Redskins

Which team won earlier this year? the Redskins

Which team has the big play receiver complementing the franchise running back? Redskins

Which team played minus their #1 CB on saturday but has him back for this game? the Redskins

Which team has a loyal fan base that has endured one of the biggest roller coaster rides this season? the Redskins

Which team has been in the playoffs for six weeks now? the Redskins

Which team has been in more close games this year and won most of them? the Redskins

Im a die hard fan, and I think the Redskins have it in them to win the seattle game

"To think before you post...To not have the message board be overrun by ignorant comments...Its okay to be opionionated, but be careful when you use absolutes...."

thank you Father MCruz...when can we expect the next homily? I fell asleep reading your post - overwhelmed as I was by all the "knowledgeable" and "insightful" football acumen.

I got your point meetST......and agree!

Archived