Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Early line against Seattle. Hawks -9

BlitzFiftySix

I'm a bit surprised by this point spread. I think it's extremely high. I advise all you Redskins backers to jump on it early while it's at 9 points.

I see it coming down to at least 6.5 by game time.

The vegas oddsmakers are definately disrespecting and underestimating our team.

After playing the Eagles D and the Bucs D back to back our offense should look much better against a weaker 16th ranked Seahawks D. I actually like playing against a weaker D after back to back games against top 5 defenses.

it is 9 because vegas wants to make people put their money on the hawks after the skins offense showed up to do nothing. vegas knows what they want to do to make money. they know the skins d can keep them in this game cuz the majority of the country will take the #1 over a 6 anytime. f the seahawks

I think -9 for the Seahawks is dead on. There is no way that the spread comes down to 6 or 7 by game time. Historically, the teams with byes in the first round take it to the wildcard winners. Plus, everyone's been jumping on the fact that the Skins' offense didn't move the ball (without focusing on WHY). As most of us know, Tampa's defense is much better than Seattle's and there was no reason to do anything differently offensively with a 14 point lead and an outstanding defense. That's Gibb's style....

So -9 seems perfect.... the media will kiss Seattle's tails all week too. They'll talk about this year's MVP, Seattle's home record (8-0), and the "anemic" Redskins offense (which I've already heard too many times the past 24 hours).

If anything, I see the spread moving up a little higher. So I am actually going to wait a little while... then I'll unload on the Skins.

Let's go boys!!!!

I think Seattle will come out passing then adding the run as needed. Most think this game will all be about shuting down Shaun to stop the Seahawks -- I see us lighting up the boards with the pass and beating your huge up front linemen.

So the 9 pints is fair, will it change, not sure about that. You have a good team and should be proud of where your at now, win or lose next week, it will be a fight on both sides of the ball.

Black Hat

Don't get fooled by statistics. You have to look at their competition if you are going to bet based on stats. They had a cake schedule.
We also had a team whose defense, receiver corps, and even our O line had been thinned out by injuries. Yet we did what we did. And now we have most of our players back and healthy.

If you want to figure an easy schedule, I'd recommend factoring the injuries, too. If you choose not to, that's your business, but don't be surprised when the Seahawks turn out to be better than you expected.

the Seahawks are a good team. It's just that they aren't A REAL GOOD TEAM. they can be beat.

the NFC overall is pretty weak compared to the AFC. each of these NFC playoff teams can stroke it to the end game. if anything, Carolina seems to be the team that is healthy and on a roll.

Archived