Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

and the whole city of cincy is holding its breath

COOLhandsCOOLEY

Definately not better off without palmer, but not a whole lot worse with kitna. He's always been a great qb and could start for a lot of other teams. They don't look like they've missed a beat with him in there. I hope Palmer's ok i really like the kid.

Started off a slugfest, still is a slugfest, and will be one till the end. :laugh:

These teams HATE each other with a passion and are still fighting to prove who's better, especially since pitt won in cincy earlier this year. What a game.

Eh... I don't think Palmer's done for his career, so this talk of his contract is very exaggerated... I wouldn't be suprised to see him ready to go next week...

But... it doesn't matter if he's ready to go... Steelers are gonna win...

no definately not his career no way...but next week bud i think yer mistaken. I've torn my ACL and seen many others do it and after seeing that hit, there is no way he's playin this year again unless maybe they got to the conference championship or the superbowl without him. That my friend was at best a sprained knee ligament and at worst could probably be a multiple torn ligament injury or possibly some cartilage damage which is definately not good.

Hopefully I'm way off and you are right about him being ok by next week but at this point i disagree with you. :(

I hate the Bengals SO SO SO MUCH. I'm going to school about 40 minutes from Cincy and suddenly this year the Bengals have 1000000 fans. I'm sorry they used to wear paper bags on their heads...Yea they could be the biggest bandwagon team ever. I swear if I hear someone yelling WHO DEY one more time....

Update: It is a torn ACL. They HOPE he can be ready for training camp.

If I'm not mistaken, the rehab time for an injury like that is longer than 4-6 months. He may be hard-pressed to start the year in Cincy. Kitna may be staying put.

Tough break for a fine, up-and-coming QB.

I think he's done for the season though. Brunell walked off the field with his injury so I don't think it would be same thing unless Mark can deal with an ungodly amount of pain.

hehe not brag, but just to brag...i walked off the field, then came back in to block for an extra point...then found out 4 days later i had completely torn my ACL in half...whatta great feeling that was lemme tell ya.

anyway enough of that...it is actually a 5 month recovery/rehab process after the surgery but i rehabbed for basketball after getting hurt playing football. He's rehabbing for football which is obviously more of a contact sport so they may take a little longer. If he works hard like willis mcgahee though (who tore all 4 of the major ligaments in his knee) he should be fine and i think this kid has the heart to work that hard. Good luck to Carson.

Archived