Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need a plate of crow...

gimpy007

I would like to eat my crow now if it is okay with everyone.

Not about the team making the playoffs. I have always believed in the team and especially Gibbs. I mean about Gregg Williams attitude and how I thought he would never change.

I have been down on him all year even when they play well. I was one the fans that was against GW staying here. I wanted him to leave. I thought he was ****y rather then confident. I thought there was no way he could learn from Gibbs.

Well in the last few weeks he has proven me wrong. He has been more humble. Giving credit to the players rather then taking the credit. Giving the credit to the other coaches rather then taking the credit.

It just goes to show you that people can change. I think GW showed that by deciding to stay here in Washington and also getting a pay raise for all his assistants. I now believe that he is learning from Gibbs. And in my mind that is one of the major factors why he decided to stay.

In my opinion Gibbs is molding GW into a great Head Coach and in due time will be ready to take over this team.

My plate please. :hungry:

Not necessary. You are a Redskin fan, pure and simple. We live and die with this team. When you invest at least five months a year, every year, to something, you're entitled to be critical when you see fit.

You're analysis is absolutely right. He is learning from Gibbs, including humility. I look forward to GW leading our franchise when Coach Gibbs is done. (Though I don't look forward to Gibbs being done.)

I see. So you were wrong because you didn't think GW could become the coach you now like? Um, ok.

GW was a great coach long before Gibbs. That is one of the most backhanded complimentary posts I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

I was talking about him being a head coach. I am not the only one on this board that was not happy with his ****y attitude.

I was talking about him being a head coach. I am not the only one on this board that was not happy with his ****y attitude.

Yeah, there are no shortage of fools on this board. Would you rather we have a coach who gets bullied by his players and/or the media? Someone like Norv Turner? Gimme a break.

His attitude is exactly what we need on defense. It trickles down to the players. This isn't a game for pushovers.

Yeah, there are no shortage of fools on this board. Would you rather we have a coach who gets bullied by his players and/or the media? Someone like Norv Turner? Gimme a break.

His attitude is exactly what we need on defense. It trickles down to the players. This isn't a game for pushovers.

Okay then. Let me ask you this. Why has his attitude changed? Why is he no longer taking credit for everything? Dude, have you watched as the year has gone on? The man has changed for the better. He is more like Gibbs now in the fact that he his humble and gives credit to the players.

WORD!!!

I see. So you were wrong because you didn't think GW could become the coach you now like? Um, ok.

GW was a great coach long before Gibbs. That is one of the most backhanded complimentary posts I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

GW is terrific Coach and glad to have him with the Redskins.

You are just wrong about your statement that "GW was a great coach long before Gibbs."

As far as I know GW has yet to share Coach Gibbs success and also has not yet been selected for HOF.

He may achieve the same level of success and make it into HOF, but there's a lot of football to be played before it can happen.

All of GW's comments I've heard have reflected his tremendous respect for Coach Gibbs and how much he is learning from him. I'm sure Coach Gibbs feels the same way about him.

Seems to me the smartest and most successful people in the world know you're never too old or smart to learn!

Archived