Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins could learn something from Carolina's playcalling...

smartestmaninamerica

That was an excellent offensive gameplan. Notice how effectively Carolina used the middle? Against the Bucs, we didn't use the middle at all.

I'm not hating on the Skins at all. I love the skins and have since I was a kid. The problem on our offense was not due to lack of talent, but due to a very one-dimensional gameplan.

The whole run-run-pass-punt has got to go folks. We have the personnel to take us all the way, but not with that gameplan.

And please, please, please, those of you who want to come on and post:

HEY MORON, WE WON, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ENJOY IT!,

Save it please. I'm glad we won, but we need to change some things if we hope to win again.

That was an excellent offensive gameplan. Notice how effectively Carolina used the middle? Against the Bucs, we didn't use the middle at all.

I'm not hating on the Skins at all. I love the skins and have since I was a kid. The problem on our offense was not due to lack of talent, but due to a very one-dimensional gameplan.

The whole run-run-pass-punt has got to go folks. We have the personnel to take us all the way, but not with that gameplan.

And please, please, please, those of you who want to come on and post:

HEY MORON, WE WON, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ENJOY IT!,

Save it please. I'm glad we won, but we need to change some things if we hope to win again.

Is it possible for you to know that the Giants D was not even close o the tampa D. If runs up the gut would have worked, then more would have been called.

IN fact, that WAS the playcalling 2 weeks ago.

Next time you want to question a HOF coach on his playcalling, please bring a little more thought to the table.

Is it possible for you to know that the Giants D was not even close o the tampa D. If runs up the gut would have worked, then more would have been called.

Next time you want to question a HOF coach on his playcalling, please bring a little more thought to the table.

'Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! End of discussion. Close this ridiculous thread.

Brunell does not utilize the middle of the field in the passing game except on checkdowns.

That's not GIbbs playcalling, we did start to run some slants and drags, but Brunell has not looked at those guys except for one pass to Cooley last night that he hit. I was shocked.

The Skins, if they even beat Seattle, will have to go against the Bears or Panthers. IF we're going to point to the opponent every time we set playoff records for offensive utility, we won't actually WIN that next game against a top D.

Christ Almighty, stop telling people to shut up and stop sounding like a Communist Party newspaper. Your logic is not unassailable simply because you believe it to be GIbbs'.

I have faith in joe gibbs ability to call offense but personally I think his game calling has been questionable this year. I have seen consistent trends of going 3 and out in the fourth quarter and giving teams WAY too many opportunities to score when we have had a lead or tie. I know weve pulled it out and are sitting pretty right now and I do think we are going to have a good offensive day in seattle, but I still cannot forget all those 3 and outs in all those games of which some cost us the win.

Obviously I am not an expert, and he is, so my opinons are just that, opinons, but I have them nonetheless, and rightfully so. :D

giants D is light years worse than TB D

next week will be different, gibbs was saving portis for this "road"

Edit: offtopic: also, Osi should NOT have called out the carolina bookends...As soon as he did that, everyone knew the giants O was gonna have a long day..

I kinda thought Carolina looked a LOT like the Redskins today...A LOT! It was spooky if you ask me. We have weathered the toughest D in the playoffs no matter what people think of Chicago.

I agree. The Panthers looked a lot like our Redskins today. In fact some of the plays the Steelers pulled against the Bengals, looked pretty similar to me. However, If the Giants went against the Bucs, I can almost gaurantee that they would have lost. It was simply a battle of the two Defenses and Giants just don't have it.

Gee.

Yes, the Buccaneers defense is better than the Giants defense.

So what?

The Redskins did a horrible job on offense Saturday. It was putrid.

Brunell was off, the running game was going no where, and we weren't getting the ball to Santana Moss.

In short, it was much like all of the Redskins losses this year.

They have to do a better job of getting Santana Moss in the game. Hitches, screens, I don't care. Something.

Here is a thought, how about a deep cross? I don't think we've hit one all year long. Look at Steve Smith. What does he do best? Deep crosses, where he can use his speed to get seperation.

The middle of the field is the weak spot in Tampa's defense and we hardly took advantage of it on Saturday. Luckly the defense took it upon themselves to get us some points. If not for the defense, the Redskins would have lost that game. Bless them.

Don't blindly follow Gibbs. I'm sure he would be the first one to tell you he doesn't know everything.

I think it's amazing that we have continued to win despite having a qb with a sprained knee, a running back with a sprained shoulder, only one wr, and only one other target - Cooley. There is NO team in the playoffs that has as few offensive weapons as we do. It's incredible that we've perservered. TB just had to double Moss and have a LB tail Cooley then the could crowd the line to stop a banged up Portis. That's going to be everybodies' defensive gameplan against us - as it was the Iggles plan as well. At this point it is what it is.

TK, please break out the padlock. I guess Joe Gibbs doesn't know what he is doing. Maybe we should just fire him because he doesn't know how to call a football game. Man, you have got to be kidding me. Let's hire the Carolina coach since he knows so much more about offense. Our game plan worked against NY didn't it. It worked against Tampa didn't it?? Please think about what your going to post about before you actually do it.

The middle of the field is the weak spot in Tampa's defense and we hardly took advantage of it on Saturday. Luckly the defense took it upon themselves to get us some points. If not for the defense, the Redskins would have lost that game. Bless them.

Don't blindly follow Gibbs. I'm sure he would be the first one to tell you he doesn't know everything.

We can't exploit the middle of the field. Brunell has not done that but for a few games since he's been here. The irony of all the "Vince Young can't succeed" posts is that Brunell is an aging scrambler who can barely utilize the pocket and if you can keep in the pocket and still bring pressure is WORTHLESS.

Another irony is that he actually completed a pass to Cooley last night that was down the middle of the field.

We have two guys on our roster that can throw passes down the middle of the field. Neither of them start.

Even if Mark gets better, do NOT expect deep crosses or too many slants. We don't even seem to call those, but if we do, they aren't seen or exploited by the guy under center now.

Archived