Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Qwest Field a concern to me..

Bleeding Burgundy

Guest sith lord
I know it may sound a little wierd, but one of the biggest concerns I have is not the team itself, but the playing enviroment the skins will have to play in. If I can remember, didn't Seattle retire the number 12, in recognition of their 12th man? That says alot.

A lot of teams retire the 12th man. It will be no worse than at Philly or Tampa and if we execute, we'll be OK.

I understand your point. I watched that entire Seahawks vs. Giants game and that stadium gets really freakin' loud. No doubt their fans will be jacked up and the noise will be deafning no doubt in my mind. We just have to show them they are in for a fight early.

Well consider this about Seattle's homefield..the Giants in week 12...Manning throws for 344 yards and 2 TD's..Tiki runs for 151..that my friends is 500 yards worth of offense..

They also had about 11 false starts or something crazy like that. We will be able to move the ball on them though.

It cant be harder than playin in Philly like all of the others pointed out. I think we can do it, we have had a lot of tough road games this season (Denver, Philly, Dallas, KC, Tampa, and NY) and have played well in all except for the NY game. If our defense shuts them down while our offense controls the balls while putting much needed points on the board, we will win.

Seattle is a funny town. Here we are on the eve of the playoffs and I do not see alot of Seahawks jerseys around town. The town is not a big football town. People around here are more outdoors oriented activities (boating, skiing, etc.). There is no football history here. The fan intensity is just not as high as back east. That said, they will fill the stadium with loud fans. They will be excited to be hosting a playoff game. They will make alot of noise. They have caused alot of false starts during the year for visiting teams.

Skins CAN win this.

Brian.

It cant be harder than playin in Philly like all of the others pointed out. I think we can do it, we have had a lot of tough road games this season (Denver, Philly, Dallas, KC, Tampa, and NY) and have played well in all except for the NY game. If our defense shuts them down while our offense controls the balls while putting much needed points on the board, we will win.

Great point!

We are battle-tested. Mile High Invesco, Arrowhead, Philly, Dallas, and Tampa and Giants Stadium, we can handle the noise and we know how to quiet a crowd too.

The crowd is only going to be a factor for as long as we let them be a factor. If we get up early, then we can take the crowd out of it. If we dont do our thing and get up and get a lead, they will be in it. That place gets LOUD too; so its not somthing I would like to see.

Seattle is a funny town. Here we are on the eve of the playoffs and I do not see alot of Seahawks jerseys around town. The town is not a big football town. People around here are more outdoors oriented activities (boating, skiing, etc.). There is no football history here. The fan intensity is just not as high as back east. That said, they will fill the stadium with loud fans. They will be excited to be hosting a playoff game. They will make alot of noise. They have caused alot of false starts during the year for visiting teams.

Skins CAN win this.

Brian.

It's a different town. After 20 years of being around it, I agree with most of your take. I wouldn't go as far as you did about "no history". There is, its just not that far back :laugh:

And some years they are way more jacked-up as a "football" town than other years.

But they aren't as frenzied, fiercely loyal, or into a bunch of the big public displays of team love most NFL towns exhibit. At least, thats been my experience.

"That's the loudest place we've been."......Tiki Barber on Qwest Field, Sports Illustrated.

I can't quote it but Gruden said last year that FedEx was rocking and very loud. And I can recall three false starts in one series for the opposing team at FedEx. Marcus Washington has stated that we are so loud that even our D can not hear each other during plays.

I don't doubt that your stadium is loud but there is just something about the the stadiums in the east that blows your stadium away. I think we honestly have more die-hard fans.

The town is not a big football town. People around here are more outdoors oriented activities (boating, skiing, etc.). There is no football history here.
i can certaintly believe that, closer to canada and the place is really good for hiking and kyaking, plus a cold rainy environment doesn't exactly scream football...

Archived