Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIANTS - How do you come out that flat at home in the playoffs?

smartestmaninamerica

well, to be honest the giants overachieved. the skins are overachieving too. no offense won't win many playoff games. the giants had a good season, they deserved their spot, but they're not an elite team and the elite teams will win when the game is on the line. take nothing away from your season. it was successful. starting the season if anybody had to you the giants would be in the playoffs, you would have jumped for joy. same with the skins. both successful seasons, but the better teams will win.

']The Panthers were one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl before the season started. I guess we are starting to see why that was the case. The Panthers confused Manning and had the CB's to commit to stopping Tiki.

...and the Redskins were picked to go 4-12...go figure.....

']The Panthers were one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl before the season started. I guess we are starting to see why that was the case. The Panthers confused Manning and had the CB's to commit to stopping Tiki.

Everyone has been confusing Manning lately, I think playing QB in the NFL confuses him.

I'm beginning to doubt if Tom Coughlin will ever win the big one. He had his chance at Jax several years ago, but choked at home against the Titans/Gregg Williams for a trip to the Super Bowl.

I agree with that.

Tom Coughlin is beginning to have that "Marty Schottenheimer" feel to him. A guy that can win games in the regular season but his teams choke big time in the post season.

1st time playoff QB's went 0-4 this weekend......three of which at home...hmmmmmmm

Eli looks so young and down the road I am worried about what he can achieve but at today's postgame conference he literally looked like a 15 year old kid at the end of a Bar Mitzvah party.

well, to be honest the giants overachieved. the skins are overachieving too. no offense won't win many playoff games. the giants had a good season, they deserved their spot, but they're not an elite team and the elite teams will win when the game is on the line. take nothing away from your season. it was successful. starting the season if anybody had to you the giants would be in the playoffs, you would have jumped for joy. same with the skins. both successful seasons, but the better teams will win.

Oh, how insightful of you. Do I sense a little bitternes? Sorry that the not so elite Redskins swept your philthy eagles this year.:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I'm beginning to doubt if Tom Coughlin will ever win the big one. He had his chance at Jax several years ago, but choked at home against the Titans/Gregg Williams for a trip to the Super Bowl.

Tom Coughlin is the weak link on that football team, and I use the word "team" loosely. They are not a "team". He has alienated nearly all of his players with his military style of coaching. I am sure that this is what Tiki was referring to. He will never be a successful head coach.

That had to be the most uninspired effort by an NFC East Champion team at home in the history of the playoffs.

I mean horrible.

The Giants did not come out flat. They were pumped and ready.

They got their arses handed to them, but it wasn't due to a lack of effort.

Eli was bad and we had no LBs.

the giants will be ok but they have had their share of 'strange' playoff performances over the past several years. the did have a lot of injuries and the playoffs are tough on young QB's. there is also a slight chance that Coughlin (a very good coach mind you) might have a touch of 'Shottenhiemer disease' when it comes to post-season.

Plaxico did quit on his team and he should be ashamed of his performance. he has bigtime ability and should dominate nearly every game.

Hey Kreskin...

Att. Comp. Yds. % YPA TD INT Long Sacks Rate

557 294 3762 52.8 6.8 24 17 78t 28 75.9

11 wins.

1st year starter. Oh, he was da bomb alright.

I'll take it.

I guess you didn't see what others of us saw;

that he throws an inaccurate ball many times. People expected him to make rookie mistakes and crack under pressure. I think he handled the pressure very well, actually. He engineered some 4th Q drives like a vet. But the inaccuracy. That will prevent him from becoming upper echelon.

When he steps into throws he's very accurate. Problem is, his mechanics were horrible too often and he became a "back foot thrower".

Based on what we know of the kid and his dedication to honing his craft, I can only assume(and hope) that he gets this fixed.

If he does not, you are correct, he'll struggle even when his decisions are sound.

Archived