Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simeon Rice

trez

Simeon Rice poured barbeque sauce on Chris Samuels and worked him like a rib. How on earth did he get dominated so bad? He can shut down Ware, Usenyora, etc. then gets destroyed by Rice. Not sure what happened there...I hope he'll perform better against the Seahawks.

Tell ya what. I'm watching the game, and what I'm seeing are two of the best at their positions going head to head. They both got theirs. That's what happens when to great athletes meet. Just like a great boxing match. Blows are landed by both. Chris had his moments against Rice, and Rice against Chris. Exactly what I expected. Wasn't nearly as bad as some here seem to think it was.

Oh...and just saw responses above. Ummm No he hasn't. Last year, Samuels absolutely dominated Rice.

The thing is..Offensive lineman are only mentioned when they get beaten. Rarely do you celebrate the many times they negated or denied a rusher, because that's just doing thier job. but when they are beaten it's noticed and harped on.

Everyone has thier tough matchup, or that guy that gives them fits...for Samuels it's Simeon Rice.

I read in the paper that Samuels re-injured his knee. That can't have helped.

Also, don't forget - this was a playoff game in Tampa. The crowd was loud. A fast, great pass-rushing DL like Rice has such a huge advantage in that situation. In fact, THAT is THE home field advantage in the playoffs - the edge the home team DL has due to the crowd noise. That split-second head start is often the difference between a great play one way or another.

Archived