Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Conservatism wins! Agression loses!!

AzSkinsFan63

It's plain and simple...

Faced with a fourth and short deep in Skins territory Gruden elects to go for it. Who can blame him after such high praise and comradere for a similar move the last time these two teams met on and extra point conversion.

Now I ask you? What would JG do? Common sense dictates you kick:

You are down by 7 you still have plety of time on the clock and your defense is playing lights out. You kick the field goal, You're down now by only 4 points.

Remember that this was a turnover that got you where you were. You take what the other team gives you. You put doubts in their mind that they can pull out the win. You kick off and you're practically guaranteed another chance. Only this time it's for the Win and not the tie. Your players are pumped at the opportunity and the other team is reeling more from the fact it's for the loss.

No my friends..Gruden blew this game..

if your gonna give praise for a similar situation in the reg season. It's time to put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the real reason for the loss.

Either way (down by 4 or 7), his guys would still have to score a TD to win. I would want to the Skins to go for it in a similar situation. You have to rely on your team to get 1 yard when they need it. Not sure the play action was the right call...even the commentators saw it coming. A run by TB's big #40 prob would have been tougher to stop.

I'm just glad our D stiffened at the right time with excellent penetration by Marcus Washington!

Eh, i kind of disagree.

I think the playcall was suspect. If they had handed it off to Alstott Im thinking they get the first down. MWashington made agreat play. I think the choice to go for it was a good one, as they had moved the ball fairly well in the 2nd half.

I kind of see your point, but if they convert that its a "great call." It's easy to 2nd guess, people did that to USC after that failed 4th down in that incredible title game.

I'm just glad our D pulled that one out for us. HTTR.

It's plain and simple...

Faced with a fourth and short deep in Skins territory Gruden elects to go for it. Who can blame him after such high praise and comradere for a similar move the last time these two teams met on and extra point conversion.

Now I ask you? What would JG do? Common sense dictates you kick:

You are down by 7 you still have plety of time on the clock and your defense is playing lights out. You kick the field goal, You're down now by only 4 points.

Remember that this was a turnover that got you where you were. You take what the other team gives you. You put doubts in their mind that they can pull out the win. You kick off and you're practically guaranteed another chance. Only this time it's for the Win and not the tie. Your players are pumped at the opportunity and the other team is reeling more from the fact it's for the loss.

No my friends..Gruden blew this game..

if your gonna give praise for a similar situation in the reg season. It's time to put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the real reason for the loss.

I was thinking the same thing when all that happened. I mean you kick a field goal there and then if you score a touchdown you win the game. Just knowing that the Bucs could only tie us with a TD made me so much more comfortable with what was going on.

Eh, i kind of disagree.

I think the playcall was suspect. If they had handed it off to Alstott Im thinking they get the first down. MWashington made agreat play. I think the choice to go for it was a good one, as they had moved the ball fairly well in the 2nd half.

I kind of see your point, but if they convert that its a "great call." It's easy to 2nd guess, people did that to USC after that failed 4th down in that incredible title game.

I'm just glad our D pulled that one out for us. HTTR.

That's cause fans like aggression....

Don't agree...the Buc's defense had been keeping the Skins offense in complete check the entire game, so if they didn't make it, they would most likely get the ball right back...and the Skins offense had been doing a number on the Bucs offense the entire game as well. Gruden knew that the possibility of being that close to the end zone again was small, so take advantage of it while you can...and we're only talking about one yard needed, it wasn't like it was 4th and 5. It was the playcalling that was questionable, not the decision to go for it.

Archived