Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Didn't we used to have a player named COOLEY on the roster?

smartestmaninamerica

Does the recent fan support in DC/VA/MD bother you?!?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Does the recent fan support in DC/VA/MD bother you?!?

• Hell yeah...true fans stay in it win or lose!!!
    • No way...the more fans we have, the better it is!!
    • Who cares, as long as we do well...who cares?!?!

I could swear he scored three touchdowns against someone recently. Ever since then, he has not even been close to being a part of the offense.

Third down and we know they are blitzing and we don't call the dump-off pass to Cooley - like ever? Instead we throw a desperation out to Moss over and over and over again?

We had a simple gameplan yesterday. It consisted of four plays:

1. GUT FOR 1 YARD, GUT FOR 1 YARD

2. SHORT OUT

3. PUNT

4. PRAY

Joe was quoted as saying "I think we mixed it up pretty well out there on offense..." Um, maybe I was watching a different game. Maybe that is why we averaged less than 10 yards per possession in the second half!

Gibbs I love you, but Cooley is 'da man, especially as a safety valve on those third down blitzes. Also, how about Moss across the middle on a slant? How many times has he scored on that play this year? We have such great weapons and for some reason known only to Joe, he isn't using them.

I think the D was really smothering Cooley... the said that they had a player on him every play no matter what... i did see him release from blocking and be open a few times.. but he was covered pretty tightly most of the game....hopefully we will work on a few things to get him involved next week..

what really bothered me is that we didnt try to go downfield to Moss... we have to throw some next week even if we just throw it up a few times and miss... that has been a key to our offense... and gettin Portis some space....

Ever stop and think that maybe he was covered?

Exactly. And come this poster isn't talking about Moss. Isn't he like our best WR. He had like 2 catches for 20 yards. PEOPLE....WE PLAYED A GREAT DEFENSIVE TEAM YESTERDAY. IT WILL BE DIFFERENT IN SEATTLE. MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could swear he scored three touchdowns against someone recently. Ever since then, he has not even been close to being a part of the offense.

Third down and we know they are blitzing and we don't call the dump-off pass to Cooley - like ever? Instead we throw a desperation out to Moss over and over and over again?

We had a simple gameplan yesterday. It consisted of four plays:

1. GUT FOR 1 YARD, GUT FOR 1 YARD

2. SHORT OUT

3. PUNT

4. PRAY

Joe was quoted as saying "I think we mixed it up pretty well out there on offense..." Um, maybe I was watching a different game. Maybe that is why we averaged less than 10 yards per possession in the second half!

Gibbs I love you, but Cooley is 'da man, especially as a safety valve on those third down blitzes. Also, how about Moss across the middle on a slant? How many times has he scored on that play this year? We have such great weapons and for some reason known only to Joe, he isn't using them.

yep, we still have a guy named cooley on the roster. he's pretty good, too. he can't showcase his talents unless he gets catches. otherwise he's a blocker. chill out.

As long as Brunell is injured (look at the freakin' brace on his knee), he is going to be hit and miss. As long as he is hit and miss, Moss and Cooley will be held down to a certain extent.

He has been off the last few games-- some people don't even want to admit that.

Brunell passed what, 15 times the whole game? How many times do you guys think Cooley (who is often the safety valve) was the intended target or 1 option? 5-7 times?

The Bucs knew that Portis was hurting and set to cover Moss and Cooley as much as possible. Relax. Cooley will have a great game next week.

Does anyone understand what the purpose of this post is?? I don't think our friend understands that when a player is doing so well, he seems to get a little more attention then someone who doesn't play very much, or make many catches. He was COVERED, we understand what that means don't we?? Brunell has made a point to throw him the ball when he can, that's why he is getting a lot more attention from the secondary's. I look for Cooley to have a great game against Seattle.

Archived