Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

skins fans in tampa

bbt06

The buccs should change their names to the ****cats, to reflect their fans.

I was there talking trash a good portion of the game, while I was surrounded by buccs fans! And noone said a thing, and none of them could keep up with my trash talking!

So they just sat their quiet and pissed! :D

I was told by the local Tampa fans that between 10,000 - 15,000 of us were down there. Let's put it this way, there were enough of us in my section alone to sing "Hail to the Redskins" after each score.

As for the Bucs fans, they were cool. Only a few jerks. The news said about 20 people were arrested at the game - nothing compared to the Philly crowds, etc.

Tampa fans are not a bad bunch. They didnt say much really. The only taunting I got as a skins fan was after the game...some guy all pissed off ,screaming at us as he walked by..."Good luck in Seattle! You guys are going to do really well!!!!!! he meant this as we were going to get creamed... but I just thanked him for the support and for rooting for our team next week =)

That was an example of how "rough" it was. It was cake down there and I would go back. I thought another funny thing was they had these flags the stadium put out for everyone to wave (terrible towl like) and they had to be reminded how and when to use them to cheer on thier team. =)

Good times, Thanks Tampa

I remember when the Bucs were lining up for a big offensive play in the second half and their entire offensive line and QB tried to hush the crowd. You could still year the crazy Skins fans making a ton of noise when our boys were on defense...it was great to hear it on TV. Great job to those who traveled to TB to support the team!:cheers:

I remember when the Bucs were lining up for a big offensive play in the second half and their entire offensive line and QB tried to hush the crowd. You could still year the crazy Skins fans making a ton of noise when our boys were on defense...it was great to hear it on TV. Great job to those who traveled to TB to support the team!:cheers:

That was great...we were watching on TV, and came to the conclusion that either Tampa fans are really dumb or there's A LOT of skins fans there...

That was great...we were watching on TV, and came to the conclusion that either Tampa fans are really dumb or there's A LOT of skins fans there...

Both. I had to alternate screaming and laughing my ass off while watching Bucs fans try to shut up these two dumbass bimbos in front of me. It was great. And yeah, the Skins fans were loud as hell.

Aprox. how many skins fans were there. Second question where the bucs fans as hostile as other teams fans.

Hail to the

Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the warpath,

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score

We want a lot more!

Beat 'em Swamp 'em Touchdown

Let the points soar!

Fight on, Fight on,

Til you have won,

Sons of Wash-ing-ton!

Rah! Rah! Rah!

I was there too. I would say we had atleast 15,000 there...If you could of heard the crowd when they ruled the end zone catch incomplete...It was amazing....Great turn out Skin fans....Glad you all made it....:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :helmet: :dallasuck :logo: :cheers:

There were a lot of Skins fans, and they were everywhere. (I expected there to be a bunch in the nosebleeds, but I expected to be all alone in the second row.)

As to my rating of the Bucs fans: They were what I'd expect: You show up in visiting colors, expect to get some smack, and that's all. I admired the way they stayed loud, and didn't leave (despite really cold weather, by Florida standards) despite being down by 14.

Yeah, there were a few obnoxious drunks. (In both team's colors.) But I considering the setting, i'd be amazed if there weren't any. And they were pretty much easy to avoid.

There was the expected amound of griping about the "bad call" that "cost them the game". But that's hardly shocking.

I listened to the first 1/2 on the radio and it sounded like a home game for the Skins. (esp. after the turnovers and scores)Then when I got home for the seconed half I too noticed Simms having a hard time quieting the crowd. Props to the Skins fans who could make the trip.

I'm so proud of the Redskins fans. I was amazed at how many of us were there. In our section we all sang Hail to the Redskins and made a lot of noise. Only a few jerks after the game threatened to "drop" us. But for the most part the fans were classy.

Skins fans definitely showed up. I think I lost my voice towards the end of the 4th quarter. As for the Bucs fans go...not too bad...a lot of trash talking in the bathrooms, a couple people tried to start sxxt with me in the stands, plus someone threw a quarter at me. Each time I pointed at the score board. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!

Bucs fans tried to egg me a bit at the beginning of the game, but settled down. One guy tried to confront us in the parking lot. But there were SO MANY skins fans that I wasn't scared--too many skins fans would've gotten my back!

BTW, there were even a half-dozen fans in Skins gear on my flights to and from Tampa. That wouldn't be such a big shocker... except that I live in New York! Amazing that there were that many Skins fans who made the trip from other cities!

A little off topic, but I was at the last playoff game in Tampa. 4 of us bought scalped tickets like 10 minutes before the game and all we knew was that they were in the endzone.

Imagine our surprise when we realized we were in the front row! Some little girl gave us the finger when we kicked them out of our seats, but the fans were mostly cool.

Chick Hernandez from Channel 5 saw us and turned the camera on and gave us the mic. The fans were PISSED at that!

The only thing that sucked besides losing the game was that we missed the Brian Mitchell kickoff return. He could NOT have missed us cheering him on (if we werent still trying to get out of the mens room)

What sort of NEW stadium makes it so you cant leave the second the half is over and make it to the head and back to your seat before kickoff????

I was there yelling my damned fool head off. :laugh: Bucs fans were looking at me like I had lost my mind (which I had) but there were only a few bad ones and there were too many skins fans for them to start anything with.

I gotta say, the worst thing I saw was a Bucs fan in his late 30s with his young son (age 7). At first I did not notice them untill my friend suggested I stop dropping the F bomb (which I did once I realized there was a young kid there). Well being that this became a close game EVERYONE was standing, except this dude and his kid. He was lucky that there were a few empty seats in front of him and my friend was trying to keep from blocking his view but that wasn't enough for him. He started yelling at another Tampa fan (in his 50s?) a few rows down "Hey old man, sit down!" During the action no less when that dude couldn't see squat if he did. I mean the guy was obnoxious. He could have easily walked down and asked the guy nicely if the could work something out and maybe swiched some seats for his kid but he just had to act like a jerk and it seemed to be more about him. The older dude seemed intimidated and tried to sit and bob his head up to see some action and Tampa fan or not I started yelling for him to stand up and enjoy the game, (as much for the guy with the kid as the older dude). Eventualy the guy with his kid started dropping the F bomb himself a few times and they ended up moving or going home early, but man what a terrible fan and poor example as a father. :doh:

Other than that though, it was a great game and a great crowd. And I kept a tampa flag as a spoil of war. :D

Archived