Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offense must produce if we're to advance

grampi

So we played a good D (though not the #1 D as many of the so called experts were proclaiming, the Bears actually have the #1 D). That's no excuse for an offense that had previously scored over 100 points in their last 3 regular season games to score only 10 points and generate only 120 yards. If we're going to hope to advance, the O must get back to producing like they were in the last 3 games. I'm not buying the excuse that Brunell is hurt. He's less hurt now than he was against the Fecals and he had no problems producing then.

No matter how good our D plays, we can't hope to hold the Seachickens to 10 points. It ain't gonna happen. Our O will have to put AT LEAST 24 points on the board if we're to have any hopes of winning this game. I don't even want to think about how pathetic our O could be should we somehow get past the Seachickens and have to face da Bears. :(

I think we're all aware of the fact that if we have an offensive performance against Seattle like we did against Tampa Bay, we're gonna get killed by the Seahawks.

BTW, the Bears are #1 this season by fewest points allowed, the Bucs are #1 by fewest yards allowed.

It's this simple: If our offense plays like it did against Tampon Bay we lose. Even if our D plays as wonderful as it did. Seattle is a great team offensively and we will need to put some points on the board as well as slow them down with our D. Not to mention, the team will be traveling over 3time zones to play this game which definitely has an effect on their performance. All I can say is I hope Clinton Portis is healthy for this game....we'll need him.

Oh, I think we can all assume that Seattle will score more against us than Tampa did.

OTOH, I don't see Seattle holding Portis to 25 yards rushing (or whatever), either. And I don't see us playing Seattle without Sean Taylor or Springs.

They'll score more than we allowed this week. We'll score more than we scored this week.

It's this simple: If our offense plays like it did against Tampon Bay we lose. Even if our D plays as wonderful as it did. Seattle is a great team offensively and we will need to put some points on the board as well as slow them down with our D. Not to mention, the team will be traveling over 3time zones to play this game which definitely has an effect on their performance. All I can say is I hope Clinton Portis is healthy for this game....we'll need him.

Tampa's D #2. Seattle's D #17. Our offense will score against Seattle.

One bad offensive game against the #1 defense in the league does not a bad offense make. I would assume we will see a better offensive performance next week.

Exactly. However, it is good to know that our D can step up and bail them team out when our backs are against the wall.

I think we're all aware of the fact that if we have an offensive performance against Seattle like we did against Tampa Bay, we're gonna get killed by the Seahawks.

BTW, the Bears are #1 this season by fewest points allowed, the Bucs are #1 by fewest yards allowed.

Allowing fewer points is a much more important stat than yards allowed, so the Bear's D is #1.

Archived