Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahags schedule (merged x 3)

colganteam

Seattle is still a tough team with a formidable rushing attack and modest passing attack. This is still the NFL and winning all those games means something even though I'd love to play AZ, SF and St Louis twice a year:laugh:

That said, though, our defense is head and shoulders above their defense. Tampa Bay's defense is head and shoulders above Seattles. We should have a better day offensively next weekend but clearly the edge goes to Seattle as they are more rested and playing @ home.

First off keep in mind that Seattle did well against Indianapolis even wen Indy had it's starters in.

Also, even if you correct for Seattle's week schedule, they are still one of the top teams in the NFL http://msn.foxsports.com/name/public/NFL/PowerRankings And we're going to have to play them in their house on the other side of the country.

I think that we are capable of getting the upset, but it won't be an easy game at all.

Look at your logic. Seattle lost to Green Bay with back-ups, the same reason you discount the Indy victory. They lost to your beloved 'Skins on a missed field goal, the same reason you discount their Giants victory. Get over it. As John Madden would say, "Teams can only play the schedule they're given." Get used to one and done because with Shaun on the ground and Matt through the air, it'll be a long flight back to D.C.

I guess you forgot that you had to play defense...

:D

By the way, if that's your measuring stick of what makes a good team, didn't Washington lose to three teams not in the playoffs?

yes Oakland, S.D, and K.C 2 of the 3 were decent teams. I know it dont mean much now , but we outplayd them all. We played 11 teams with winning records. You playd 11 teams with losing records.

For reference:

Titans 4-12

Houston 2-14

Green Bay 4-12

Rams 6-10 (2x)

Arizona 5-11 (2x)

San Fran 4-12 (2x)

Indy win was without Manning and Harrison

The B Colts Team (without Manning, Harrisson etc) is not in the PO...

Not that you care, but two Peyton-driven trips to the red zone netted Indy 3 whole points.

yes Oakland, S.D, and K.C 2 of the 3 were decent teams. I know it dont mean much now , but we outplayd them all. We played 11 teams with winning records. You playd 11 teams with losing records.

With all of those tough games, they'll probably be worn out by the time they get to Seattle! :silly:

That's okay, we'll take it!

Not that you care, but two Peyton-driven trips to the red zone netted Indy 3 whole points.

Of course we don't care and neither should you.

They were in for how many drives? 2 or 3? Not to mention this was right after the suicide incident so the whole team was distracted and Dungy wasn't even there.

With all of those tough games, they'll probably be worn out by the time they get to Seattle! :silly:

This team is worn down. Top to bottom I have no doubt we have more talent, better coaching, and more passionate fans, BUT you will have homefield and rest. At this point of the year that may be enough. We will see.

Below is Sagarin's interpretation of strength of schedule for all teams in this season's playoff. The number to the left is Sagarin's overall team rank. The number in parenthesis is strength of schedule. Rankings are as of yesterdays games. The list is sorted by strength of schedule.

6 Washington Redskins (4)

1 Denver Broncos (7)

5 New York Giants (10)

9 New England Patriots (11)

8 Pittsburgh Steelers (20)

11 Jacksonville Jaguars (23)

10 Cincinnati Bengals (25)

15 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (28)

2 Indianapolis Colts (29)

14 Chicago Bears (30)

3 Seattle Seahawks (31)

13 Carolina Panthers (32)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl05.htm

I agree we have had some tough games and injuries. We were banged up before we won those 6 straight. but we aint worn out.

cowpokes 35-7

gaints 35-20

iggles 31-20

f#cs 17-10

squawks 28-20

I totally agree with the weakness of the schedule... but the two things I don't want to happen are:

1) Redskins (and us) feel it will be a cakewalk because of strength of schedule (that's why they play the games).. and go in too ****y (though I don't believe Gibbs will allow that especially with the closeness of our game against them at FedEx).

2) Seattle going in with an attitude that no one respects them and they have something to prove.

I respect them. They have Shaun Alexander. They've got a darn good coach.

I'd love for the Seahawks to go into this game, however, thinking they will see the same offense Tampa did.

They pounded Philly in Philly and we just got by. We need to generate a good offensive output to win this game obviously. Chris Samuels shouldn't have his hands as full like he did with Simeon Rice. If Portis doesn't get banged up any worse in the game, he should have a solid day. Brunell and Moss are question marks. Cooley has been absent from the passing game the last 2 games. Another receiver needs to step up and make a couple catches so they can get some respect.

i think the division they are in dictated the winning schedule... but even still they had thier close calls and tough games just as the skins have... I hope our boys don't think to hard on this schedule stufff, and just study hard and offensively re-coop for a battle against a well rested team.

GO SKINS!

Ok. Let's look at Alexander's numbers and where they came from (keep in mind i still think he is very good)

18 of his TD's came against Arizona (6), Houston (4), St. Louis (5), San Fran (3)

3 came against the Colts (2 in the 2nd half with one of those a reception TD)- also one was the TD where he came back into the game to just break the record...

2 TDs came against Philly in that game where I don't know who was playing in place of the Iggles.

He has never had more than 16 TDs in a season, so this must be due to the EASY schedule and division. (edit... 16 RUSHING TDs)

:logo: Its gonna be a tough match.

I would be more concerned about facing any other team in the NFC than the Seahawks. Still thanks to that schedule we will face them instead of any other team and we should take advantage but.....really focus on the game ahead it wont be a walk in the park it is the playoffs.

I am confident our offense will be back. FOR SURE we wont play worse than the TB game. We broke the record from the Ravens when they won the SuperBowl; so we have a great D and a much better offense that those Ravens had. Anyhow we stopped Tiki Barber; S. Alexander is overrated. Still we need to focus on stopping him like we have done in the past 6 wins. They are rested but we have the momentum.

:point2sky

Archived