Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Brown...

Spaceman Spiff

I'm normally not one to start a thread about a certain player or whatever, but this guy scares the living crap out of me every time someone punts to us. I think he has botched a punt return in every conceivable way in the short time he's been here. Granted, he's largely responsible for the Arizona win, so my memory isn't too short here.

I still don't trust this guy though, not a bit.

Do you all think we'll see Santana return kicks and punts against the Seahawks?

I know the feeling, everytime the Bucs punted I crossed my fingers hoping Brown would hold onto the ball. It's probably my biggest concern, because a fumble-loss where Brown is would be like handing the ball to the other team in our own red zone. It scares me everytime he gets the ball.

Spiff, you're probably too young to remember it, but I'm sure you've seen the tape. Gibbs would use Darrell Green in big situations to return punts, seemingly ignoring the extra risk of injury. It paid off with a TD return against the Bears in the 87 playoffs. But of course, DG was hurt on the play too.

So to answer your question, do I think we'll see Santana on punt returns? I have no idea. I'd guess probably not, but AB scares the helloutta me too.

Archived