Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Pittman comments about "spitting" incident

Jermaine76

What a joke. Some tough guy, crying like a little girl.

B Mitch said in the postgame he had probably been spit on twenty times in his career.

Besides, the only person claiming ST is guilty is Pittman himself. The ref hasn't even gone on record saying he witnessed it. Total BS...

Hmmm. the Redskins getting a bad call, no way!!! Who cares, lets get over it, believe me no one gets more p o'ed than me at refs calls but we are one game away from the NFC Championship game. I guess what I am trying to say is who cares if Pittman gets spit on or pissed on, we are one win away from going to the NFC championship game.

Didn't read the entire thread, way too long, so sorry if this has been mentioned. But I recorded the game in HD and went back to look, and when I was going frame by frame I actually did see "it". The spit clearly just drops in front of Taylor, which would make me suspect it was just a side effect of screaming or he was just spitting on the field. It didn't go anywhere near the wife-beater. As close as they were, if Taylor meant to spit on the guy, it wouldn't have fallen the way it did. And I can't believe I'm actually having to analyze the forward motion of a spitball thanks to idiot refs.

Here are two screen captures, with the spit circled, that clearly shows what really happened. If these images haven't already been highlighted by someone/news, this should settle the matter. I'd post a short HD vid capture of it, but even just a couple seconds, it'd probably end up hammering my bandwidth. So sorry if this is a repost, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I doubt it's visible in SD and not all that many recorded the game in HD.

First Frame

Second Frame

Didn't read the entire thread, way too long, so sorry if this has been mentioned. But I recorded the game in HD and went back to look, and when I was going frame by frame I actually did see "it". The spit clearly just drops in front of Taylor, which would make me suspect it was just a side effect of screaming or he was just spitting on the field. It didn't go anywhere near the wife-beater. As close as they were, if Taylor meant to spit on the guy, it wouldn't have fallen the way it did. And I can't believe I'm actually having to analyze the forward motion of a spitball thanks to idiot refs.

Here are two screen captures, with the spit circled, that clearly shows what really happened. If these images haven't already been highlighted by someone/news, this should settle the matter. I'd post a short HD vid capture of it, but even just a couple seconds, it'd probably end up hammering my bandwidth. So sorry if this is a repost, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I doubt it's visible in SD and not all that many recorded the game in HD.

First Frame

Second Frame

Didn't Seinfeld deduce that the spit came from the grassy knoll?

First Frame

Second Frame

Looks like it was just incidental spit from talking.

You know, I would never condone spitting in someone's face. Never. If Taylor really did it, he deserved to get slapped and alot worse. I'm also sure the referee who was 5 feet away would have a better vantage point than the rest of us watching from a camera half the field away.

Yet, I have no sympathy for a man who would dare raise his hand to a woman. I cannot put into words how much it angers me when I hear of a man who takes advantage of his obvious superior strength, and takes out his aggression on a woman. Not just any woman, but his wife. Getting spit in his face is karma, and deserves alot worse than that.

My only worry is whether or not his wife got what was intended for Sean Taylor after the game.

Archived