Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Pittman comments about "spitting" incident

Jermaine76

I guess not. Youre right

I just dont understand why you guys feel the need to defend a guy who embarrasses yyour organization on and off the field. Pittman had one incident with his wife. He didnt beat her, he simply tried to use his car to block his wife when she was in her car. Very bad impulsive decision but you wont be able to dig up any other dirt on Pittman. He made one big mistake on impulse, but Taylor is simply a shytty person. If you choose to defend him that is your choice

Police don't arrest you twice for the same thing if you didn't do it. Maybe once, yes, but not twice. And the league wouldn't suspend someone if they didn't do it. I mean Ray Lewis was charged with a DOUBLE HOMICIDE and the league didn't suspend him. Why? Because he didn't do it.

And I see that the Redskins fan base as a whole supports this "gangsta". Its nice to know that I wont have to worry about a head case like taht in Tampa in the near future. Gruden and Allen have put an emphasis on passing on guys with character issues.

I simply came here to give the Skins props for the win. I will leave now. You guys call me a troll but I didnt come to your board when the Bucs beat the Redskins earlier this year, however I came here when you guys won today simply to give you props. I stumbled into this thread and found a circle jerk of Redskin homers supporting this embarrassment to your organization and city. Congrats again on the win and good luck next week.

No. You came here to troll around. Instead, you got your Tampon handed back to you. Have a nice time watching a real team - the Redskins - in the rest of the playoffs.

You guys taking the attention away from your thug Sean Taylor's incident by bringing up Pittmans off the field incident a few years back is, well laughable.

Id put a fresh $20 on Pittman handling Taylor decisively in a street brawl. Pittman has some freakin cannons

poor baby ,poor baby what u got .nothing you got beat .at ur own home..u suck

And I see that the Redskins fan base as a whole supports this "gangsta". Its nice to know that I wont have to worry about a head case like taht in Tampa in the near future. Gruden and Allen have put an emphasis on passing on guys with character issues.

I simply came here to give the Skins props for the win. I will leave now. You guys call me a troll but I didnt come to your board when the Bucs beat the Redskins earlier this year, however I came here when you guys won today simply to give you props. I stumbled into this thread and found a circle jerk of Redskin homers supporting this embarrassment to your organization and city. Congrats again on the win and good luck next week.

of course we support taylor. he's, as i believe thiesmann stated earlier, a missle. a heat-seeking, momentum-changing, human wrecking ball. you support guys who use their wives as punching bags, so you're no better. in fact, you're worse for not agreeing that the lack of a call on pittman was unjustified. just take your loss like a (wo)man and troll your way back to the tampa forums. i'm sure they'll welcome another mourner.

ps - check back later for ads for taylor's invisible phantom saliva. it'll be all the rage with the kiddies.

**** you *****. I dont support wife beaters, but I do support men who spit in the face of wife beaters. Who does pitt**** play next week?

Idiot, then can you tell me why a guy like Pittman is still on the team? If "Gruden and Allen placed a heavy emphasis on passing on guys with character issues," then they would cut Pittman.

For the record, Pittman's suspension in 2003 for three games was directly attributable to his previous history of domestic violence.

According to NFL.com: Bucs RB Pittman Suspended Three Games

I was particularly intrigued by the following:

The seventh-year pro, one of the star's in Tampa Bay's Super Bowl victory two seasons ago, pleaded guilty March 25 (2004) to one count of endangerment in exchange for prosecutors dropping charges of aggravated assault and aggravated domestic violence. The latter charge was filed because of a previous domestic-violence conviction in July 2001.

and

Pittman was sentenced to 30 days in jail and was released after serving 14 days. The sentence also included three years of supervised probation and a fine and surcharge totaling $4,500.

This guy's a CONVICTED criminal for chrissakes!!! If I'm not mistaken, we're being asked to take the word of this guy that he was spit upon??

Oh, and finally, wouldn't a confrontation with Taylor anywhere other than on the football field constitute a violation of his probation? You guys worry about your CONVICTED criminal and we'll look after our own.

90% of all professional athletes are head cases. Most hide or creatively use these "mental disruptions." If Taylor did pull a gun on that person, he was stupid and didn't control hinself that well. Same goes for Pittman and his domestic abuse. Hopefully, they learn from their mistakes. Which, I think Pittman did and Taylor will because of caring and backing coaches and teammates they have.

In all honesty, I don't think Taylor spit at him. My friends were over watching the game. One is an Eagles fan and the other a Cowboys fan. Thye were rooting for Tampa and even THEY didn't see Taylor spit. Plus, what was mentioned in another thread was that the natural reaction to getting spit on or something wet landing on you is to wipe it away. Pittman never did.

First of all who is Sean 42. Second of all who gives a great ///damn if Pittman could handle Taylor off of the field, I personally don''t think that he could, but whos counting beans here?, and number C the only thing that matters is that the skins came away with a W. Thank you, Thank you very much.

Haha, what a punkass this guy is.

---------

http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sfm/articles.html?id=841

In 2001 Michael Pittman was arrested twice for domestic abuse. He got some probation and served a one-game suspension. Last week was his first game back after a three game suspension due to, yes, another domestic abuse arrest.

Since actions speak louder than words, to make his point during an argument with his wife, Pittman got in his Hummer and rammed her car, which had his 2-year-old child and the 18-year-old babysitter inside along with his wife.

Pittman said his suspension was bad, but could have been a lot worse. A lot worse? Nah, come on, you are a pro athlete. Michael did say his wife was standing behind him. This reminds me of an old riddle, what does Michael Pittman say to a woman with two black eyes? Nothing, he already told her twice. She’s not standing behind him, she’s hiding behind him. She’s learned her lesson, stay out of Mike’s way, he’s a pro athlete, you can’t touch him.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Leonard Little wants to drive drunk—who cares, he’s a Pro Bowler. Michael Pittman wants to play demolition derby with his wife and young child—big deal, he led the Bucs in rushing last year. That Jamal Lewis trying to help out a friend (at least he’s not selfish) isn’t important; what is important is that he gained 2,000 yards last year.

Very enlightening. Explains a lot. Good post as usual.

From the Family Violence Prevention Fund: Hall of Shame...

"Michael Pittman, a player for the Arizona Cardinals professional football team, was arrested and spent a night in jail following an argument with his estranged wife in July 2001. Pittman agreed to enter an adult diversion program, and will undergo counseling and a nine-month anger management program. Police report there was no physical contact during the argument, but Pittman was arrested because he was the aggressor, according to USA Today. In 1997, Pittman was arrested for assaulting a former girlfriend and was sentenced to a batterers' treatment program and two years of probation."

http://endabuse.org/celebritywatch/index.php?Fame=N

:hammer:

I also have to say that I respect Taylor for not going after Pittman after he was PUNCHED IN THE FACE. If he's such a gun-toting hardcore evil thug from the U you think he would have let someone do that to him and done nothing about it?

I totally agree....no one is giving ST the props for not retalitating back after the sucka slapped him....all they are focusing on is the 'alleged' spit that no one can pinpoint after reviewing the replays....HAHA...and Michael Pittman talkin smack about how ST should be glad they weren't on the street?...WHAT KIND OF MESS IS THAT TO SAY? MEANWHILE WHILE OUR BOY ST IS NOT COMMENTING AT ALL....IF ST IS SUCH A THUG AS THEY CLAIM...WHY DIDNT HE RETALIATE AND TALK TRASH IN HIS INTERVIEWS HUH??!?!?...Michael Pittman sir, you and your antics are good for nothing but an episode of COPS!

:point2sky HTTR:point2sky

You guys taking the attention away from your thug Sean Taylor's incident by bringing up Pittmans off the field incident a few years back is, well laughable.

Id put a fresh $20 on Pittman handling Taylor decisively in a street brawl. Pittman has some freakin cannons

^ says the lahooooosaherrrr.

^^^ so is Pittman being a punk woman beater not worth mentioning. Spit at a man? beat on a woman. hmmm. obviosly neither are good but really. enjoy fishing.

I personally think that the J A// Pittman, isnt worth all of the fuss. For one thing he lost his job to a 21 yr. old rookie, second of all I'm not sure how long he has been in the league but he only has 1 or 2 1,000 yrd. seasons. I guess what I am trying to say is that the man is BUSH LEAGUE, let him go home with the rest of the Bucs and watch us next week.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm with a couple other guys here. I did not see the spitting. I watched the ref in slow-motion and am convinced he didn't see anything either, but instead took the word of Pittman. Isn't that something? Taking the word of a wife-beater. I hope that ref is held accountable for that crap. If he spit on him, then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, by I just DID NOT see it.

I am confuse as to how sean42 found his way on to the wrong site. First of all you lost j-off, secondly how can you say that the bucs swore bad character, didn't Pittman try to run his wife and baby over w/ a Nancy H2 (should've had a real Hummer) and lastely dont go talking junk on Taylor about being a thug when your boy "Cadillac" can barely speak english.

:logo: :cheers: :logo: :cheers:

Archived