Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frost's tackle of Mark Jones tonight wasn't the first (*Twilight Zone Coincidence*)

Zen-like Todd

Don't ask me how I just found this, but I was googling for info on Frost just now (I had a vague recollection of his 40 time being posted), and I came upon this passage. Remember that Frost played for the Browns last year.

http://mistakesports.blogspot.com/2004/09/born-and-raised-on-cleveland-browns_27.html

Monday September 27, 2004

Play of the Week

Alex says: Derrick Frost's vicious tackle of Mark Jones on his 21-yard punt return in the 2nd quarter. Normally a punter-tackle takes place once the returner passes all other special teamers, but not this time. Frosty comes out of nowhere, like a bullet, and throws himself at Jones--knocking him squarely in the chest. A beautiful tackle. Better yet, Frost gets up and agrily pounds his palm showing his disgust that the special teamers (except for Pontbriand, of course) aren't talented enough to tackle a loser like Jones.

Yes Virginia, the same Derrick Frost, and the same Mark Jones, who played for the Giants last year. I hit nfl.com's play by play records for proof.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20040926_CLE@NYG

4-1-CLE33 (11:08) D.Frost punts 48 yards to NYG 19, Center-R.Pontbriand. M.Jones to NYG 40 for 21 yards (D.Frost).

Random? Yes. Geek trivia? Yes. But I guarantee you Frost remembers it, and I'm willing to be Jones does too.

I dont know if anyone else finds this amusing, but I sure as hell do.

i was talking to my friend about that. Im from cleveland and my friend was like, Frost always used to make tackles. He had some sweet punts until the shank at the end. Thats how he was with the brownies, inconsistent and more bad then good. O well, nice tackle Snowman, just dont shank anymore. HAIL VICTORY!!!

I was told from a very reliable source yesterday after the game that Frost had zero vision in his right eye and was told to directionally kick the ball out of bounds regardless of how far, I still don't think they were looking for a 14 yarder but it helps me believe that this was still Frost's best game with the Skins so far.

Derrick Frost.

Fastest punter ever.

Absolutely.

He practically ran over Carlos Rogers en route to pushing that Buc. Maybe he can play defensive back as well.

He is solidifying his place on this team. He blew one kick yesterday at the worst possible time, but overall he is punting better more consistently.

I remember that tackle against the Chiefs. :applause: See how Gibbs knows things we didn't?!

Derrick Frost.

Fastest punter ever.

Anybody here remember how fast Jeff Hayes was when he punted for the Skins?

I remember a fake punt in which he ran straight up the field for a ton of yards.

That 4th and 9 punt from the Tampa would have been a great opportunity for a fake.

I thought Frost really struggled early in the year but also think he's improved a lot.

Here's to not seeing him much next week!:cheers:

Archived