Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Seattle have a good defense???

amm11387

Seattle really isn't a very good team. They are benefactor of their weak schedule. If Washington had their schedule they'd be 16-0. They lost to or nearly lost to every team they played with a winning record. They should have lost to both NYG and DAL. I haven't bought into them all season long. In fact I wouldn't even place Seattle among the top 3 teams left in the playoffs. CHI, NYG, WSH are all better teams than Seattle with better defenses. Shawn Alexander is a great player but if he would've played teams like TB and CHI this year he wouldn't own that rushing title and thats a fact. We'll see what happens but my prediction is WSH 28 - SEA 10. Hopefully the same team shows up that has played the last 6 weeks. HAIL SKINS!!!

The unfortunate part is Seattle does have a very good Offense and is playing at home. Hopefully all the fans will be out getting lattes or something... ;)

I admit they do benefit from playing the Cards, 49ers and Rams twice a year, but they still do have a very good Offense regardless.

Seattle's defense is fast, flys to the ball, and can hit. Make no mistake. Boulware is one of the best young safeties in the league, and don't sleep on Topufu or Totapu or whatever that MLB's name is...he's a beast as well. They are a well coached defense. They did play a weak schedule...San Fran and AZ aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.

However, their defense is very good. Its not as good as Tampa's, and I think the offense will have more success against them, but they are a good defense.

the key to seattle is stopping alexander. their defense will give up points. we got to do the same thing we did last game and we'll be alright.

Yes, every team will give up points. However, our defense is ranked 7th in the NFL, giving up an average of 16.9 pts/game (compared to your D at 9th, giving up 18.3/game). Not that I think our D is nearly as good as yours, but they are very very good at keeping people out of the endzone.

I think the key to the first game wasn't really stopping Alexander (20 attempts for 98 yards), it was your offense made enough 3rd and long plays to keep the ball out of our O's hands, winning the time of possession battle 36:03 to 23:57 but actually gaining two yards less than us (354 to 352). Watching Brunnell complete third and long after third and long even while running for his life was a touch maddening.

Personally I don't think that's a repeatable skill, but that's why they play the game.

To the few Skins fans who were able to converse intelligibly with me last time I was here, good luck.

At the risk of getting flamed for trying to make intelligent conversation, here goes...

Seattle's defense is not of the same caliber as the Bucs. But their offense is (IMO) twice as good and five times as experienced. The offensive line is as good as anybody's in the league and the RB needs no introduction. The defense has finally gotten healthy and will field their starting three corners for the first time since the beginning of the season. While the defense allows a lot of movement between the 20's, they're money in the red zone, forcing teams to settle for field goals more often than not. Within the last two weeks of the season, we were 4th in red zone defense. Not sure where we finished up.

IMO, this will be a good fight that will come down to the team that makes the least mistakes. Shaun has lost only one fumble this year (ironically, his last carry of the regular season) and Hasselbeck has thrown 24 TDs with only 9 ints. Like the Redskins, they seem to be clicking on all cylinders.

I haven't watched enough of the Redskins this year (other than today and our first meeting) to know enough about them but their defense looks very good, and I've watched enough Sportscenter to know what Moss is doing to people. Like our last game, I expect it to be a battle to the death. I'd never pull the ol' Giants fan line and give that crappy ol' "Ah man, we beat you if it wasn't for a missed field goal." The way I look at it, if my uncle didn't have balls, he'd be my aunt. But he does so that's that. In other words, no excuses. We lost. I just like our chances in a rematch at home.

Here's hoping for a week of good football talk that culminates in a great game. Cheers.

Yes, every team will give up points. However, our defense is ranked 7th in the NFL, giving up an average of 16.9 pts/game (compared to your D at 9th, giving up 18.3/game). Not that I think our D is nearly as good as yours, but they are very very good at keeping people out of the endzone.

Our Defense is 9th in the NFL... however yours is not 7th... it is 17th...

I am not saying your Defense is bad because i dont believe that... I know they are a solid D.. not as good as Tampa but still a good unit overall....

Just getting the right numbers out there.. not being an a$$

Archived