Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official stop making threads telling us to stop making threads thread.

desertfox59

The official stop making threads telling us to stop making threads about analystis picking Against the Skins, and other gripes thread...

seriously, there are way too many people trying to limit the free exchange of Ideas on this board...Do you think by your ****ing that these threads are going to stop?....?....This should be a place where fans who like the Skins (and yes the trolls who hate us) should be able to share our what ifs...our trade rumors...our coaching questions....our gripes about the media...our hopes and dreams for (and against, in the case of trolls) the skins.

This should not be a place where the self proclaimed elite and their smug little toadies try to tear the rest of us down to their level of condesention by ripping on our glorious banter about the Skins.

These elitist want Extreamskins to be like a cheese pizza.....boring...

The rest of us what it to be like a Super Supreame pizza with extra sauce...and yes those little spicies that make you crap fire the next day.

So thread away you "trade Lavar for everyone (including Wolverine lmao)" people

Thread away you "ESPN Sucks" people

Thread away you "DR.Z, chris carter, Sean Salisbury, Jimmy Jones, ..Haters"

and Yes Thread away you trolls

Don't let the ego centric narccistic members stop you :2cents:

that's a great point....if you don't like a thread don't click on it....:applause:

FWIW, just the appearance of numerous silly threads in a day can drive more meaningful discussions three/four pages deep and kill conversations. and people get frustrated trying to find everything they were talking about wading thorugh 187 threads of the same thing that could just be in one big goober thread :laugh:

FWIW, just the appearance of numerous silly threads in a day can drive more meaningful discussions three/four pages deep and kill conversations. and people get frustrated trying to find everything they were talking about wading thorugh 187 threads of the same thing that could just be in one big goober thread :laugh:

My point is this....if these so called more Meaningful discussions really are that meaningful then they will stay at or near the top.

My point is this....if these so called more Meaningful discussions really are that meaningful then they will stay at or near the top.

There are always 100 nooblets here that aren't really part of any discussion here that want to ask a stupid question or say that we should trade Lavar for Peyton Manning or whatever.

It is impossible for us regular members to keep real discussions near the top when they create a new thread for every idea that pops in their head.

If we all did that, and there are several thousand of us on here a day, then there would be 40-50 pages of threads to wade through every day.

Common sense says that if you want to say something that isn't really worth starting a thread over then say it in the weekly game thread. That is what its there for.

And your point would be absolutely WRONG. First one person starts a new thread about the same subject as an existing thread, then another, and another, and they all have similar titles. Prety soon, even if the original thread is still there it's hard to find in the clutter AND three other interesting threads have been pushed off the front page all because a couple of morons could not read the existing thread and contribute their "free exchange of ideas" to the ongoing discussion.

If this is the kind of anarchist board you want, find somplace else to flood with your inane stream of consciousness bable. :doh:

With the time difference (I am 16 hours ahead of most of you), I find it difficult to follow some of the threads, especially when there has been 17 'What now with Lavar', 12 'Should we trade Portis' and 5 'Brunell sux' threads that have been started AFTER the first of these have hit the board.

I know which of these I have contributed to by recognising the symbol at the thread header, so I just totally ignore any of the threads started by the 'I wannabe recognised coz I started a new thread, even tho an existing thread exists' brigade. It just means I have to go to page three, usually, to keep up with the discussion I'm participating in.

What I'd really like to know is how good does it feel for someone to start a new thread, even though one on the same topic already exists?

Well I'll tell you the same thing I told a new helper, whom on his first day on the job, told me a better way to do something that he he knew nothing about...

..."Great idea kid, now do it like I told you to or find another job.

Jumbo, if this "loss of meaningful threads" actually happened I might consider it a valid point. Also, you are referring to what YOU consider meaningful discussions. This is the ExtremeSkins Post, not the "What Jumbo Thinks is Important" post. If threads get lots of hits they stay at the top (or so I have noticed), if they don't they filter down. I've had threads stay on the top page for days because people are looking at it.

With the time difference (I am 16 hours ahead of most of you), I find it difficult to follow some of the threads, especially when there has been 17 'What now with Lavar', 12 'Should we trade Portis' and 5 'Brunell sux' threads that have been started AFTER the first of these have hit the board.

I know which of these I have contributed to by recognising the symbol at the thread header, so I just totally ignore any of the threads started by the 'I wannabe recognised coz I started a new thread, even tho an existing thread exists' brigade. It just means I have to go to page three, usually, to keep up with the discussion I'm participating in.

What I'd really like to know is how good does it feel for someone to start a new thread, even though one on the same topic already exists?

That's what the mods are for, not these self proclaimed "thread police".

desertfox, I totally agree, these self-proclaimed "thread police" get on my last nerve. I posted a similar thread before you did I think but I am glad to see I am not the only one offended by this 'thread bullying".

When's the wedding? :silly:

Well I'll tell you the same thing I told a new helper, whom on his first day on the job, told me a better way to do something that he he knew nothing about...

That is classic... :laugh:

Jumbo, if this "loss of meaningful threads" actually happened I might consider it a valid point. Also, you are referring to what YOU consider meaningful discussions. This is the ExtremeSkins Post, not the "What Jumbo Thinks is Important" post. If threads get lots of hits they stay at the top (or so I have noticed), if they don't they filter down. I've had threads stay on the top page for days because people are looking at it.

But you see, if you start a thread on say, why we will win the game today, and say 10 other people have already started the same thread, well why not just post your thoughts in one of the threads that has already been started? It is kind of a waste of bandwidth don't you think? Also, some people come here to only view Redskins news, not to wade through 2 pages of the same thread. There is also a Search function that should be used to help avoid 2500 threads on the same subject.

That's what the mods are for, not these self proclaimed "thread police".

Well if you had beenaround for more than a minute or two, you would understand that what makes this place work so well is that the members help police the board. If you guys keep making threads for no reason, then you are making the job harder on the mods.

desertfox, I totally agree, these self-proclaimed "thread police" get on my last nerve. I posted a similar thread before you did I think but I am glad to see I am not the only one offended by this 'thread bullying".

If you are offended by the members helping out the mods, you sir are in the wrong place. Please find another place to complain.

Is it me, or are the posters from Dec 2005 starting to look like the ones from Sept 2005?

That is classic... :laugh:

But you see, if you start a thread on say, why we will win the game today, and say 10 other people have already started the same thread, well why not just post your thoughts in one of the threads that has already been started? It is kind of a waste of bandwidth don't you think? Also, some people come here to only view Redskins news, not to wade through 2 pages of the same thread. There is also a Search function that should be used to help avoid 2500 threads on the same subject.

Well if you had beenaround for more than a minute or two, you would understand that what makes this place work so well is that the members help police the board. If you guys keep making threads for no reason, then you are making the job harder on the mods.

If you are offended by the members helping out the mods, you sir are in the wrong place. Please find another place to complain.

Is it me, or are the posters from Dec 2005 starting to look like the ones from Sept 2005?

Well put, these lunkheads just don't seem to understand, which is what I attempted to state in my thread but I guess i'm the "thread police" now :laugh:

i've got a great idea for the mods...you can only start a thread if you have 100 posts or something. and i don't say that in some sort of elitist arrogance, but i think it takes people a while to get used to the forum, to realize the all important uses of the "SEARCH" button, and just to understand how stupid a lot of their threads are. obviously, this will never happen, but i can have my dream of not wasting my time reading a retarded thread and then noticing that it was posted by a guy with 8 posts.

I notice there are two sides to this argument. On the one side, you have the people who have been here for awhile, and on the other, you have people who arrived last month.

Methinks some people in the latter group need to come to the self-realization that maybe they don't know everything about what goes on here...

:laugh: Ahhh you gotta love an open mind, you must work for Homeland Security

Archived