Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WJFK/redskins flagship

psu2008

Who do you think will get the skins flagship station since wjfk' contract expired? The post did an article the other day about their new radio station possibly having the skins and nationals i believe. Id love to see sportstalk980 get it...

Who do you think will get the skins flagship station since wjfk' contract expired? The post did an article the other day about their new radio station possibly having the skins and nationals i believe. Id love to see sportstalk980 get it...

I heard something about snyder and a new radio station, but i cant remember the specifics this early in the morning :laugh:

I sure as hell 980 doesnt get it, skins games on AM sound so horrible IMHO, i love listening on WJFK.

I like WJFK except that I can't pull it in where I live (Elkridge, MD - near Columbia), which is very frustrating for away games. I'd love to see a much stronger station get it so I can pull in Sam/Sonny.

Even when I'm listening driving home from games... I lose WJFK at about route 32 on 95 north... very frustrating considering I usually lose it before all the locker room stuff is over (and yes, I stay for the entire game).

Dan Snyder is in the process of buying out a company, I forget the name, I believe it's Mega, but don't quote me on that. Anyways the company owns three radio stations in the DC area two are in the mid 90's on the FM band while the other is in the AM band. Obviously if the deal goes through then you're looking at the new Redskins home radio station.

Here's how I imagine it will work. All three radio stations are strategically located throughout the listening area, Silver Spring, one further north, and one a little south. The Redskins games will be carried on all three, thus creating a larger coverage area. I believe two of the three are spanish speaking stations, with plans of keeping one spanish, not sure if the game will be broadcast in spanish but from what I understand it will be the AM signal with the FM stations both being English. The Spanish channel will keep it's regular broadcasting schedule, except on gamedays, while I haven't heard anything definative on the FM's non gameday broadcasting formats. One rumor I have heard is that one of the FM stations will be a sports talk station, obviously heavy Redskins talk, similar to WTEM, but with the FM advantage.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived