Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alstott, Bettis, and Riggins...A Dying Breed?

RiggoReincarnated

ok, i am going to say this once and once only. Alstott is a fullback. He has run for about 100 yards on the year (actually 80, i just checked). To compare him to Riggo who had great speed and was a RB is retarded. Not even in the same league. Alstott is great for 3rd and 4th downs with a yard or two to go. He is not a RB, don't compare Allslop to Bettis or Riggins when he has 4917 rushing yards in 10 seasons. Portis has over 5800 yards in 4 seasons just for comparison. In 13 seasons the bus has 13,662 rushing yards. Riggins had 13,454.

Alstott does not compare

It's called evolution.

A "powerback" today, in order to be successful, have to come in the form of Jamal Lewis or Stephen Davis. The days of the plodder are long gone. Also, if you have a big back, you'd better have a hell of an offensive line (like the Steelers) because otherwise they are very limited in what they can do. You've seen how ineffective Jamal Lewis was this year with a poor Oline and bad QB play. Contrast that to Clinton Portis last season. He had similar working conditions to Lewis (struggling Oline and poor QB play) and he still managed to gain 1300 yards and had a mediocre but still okay 3.8 ypc to Lewis' 3.1.

ok, i am going to say this once and once only. Alstott is a fullback. He has run for about 100 yards on the year (actually 80, i just checked). To compare him to Riggo who had great speed and was a RB is retarded. Not even in the same league. Alstott is great for 3rd and 4th downs with a yard or two to go. He is not a RB, don't compare Allslop to Bettis or Riggins when he has 4917 rushing yards in 10 seasons. Portis has over 5800 yards in 4 seasons just for comparison. In 13 seasons the bus has 13,662 rushing yards. Riggins had 13,454.

Alstott does not compare

My god.....I TOTALLY AGREE! Alstott is not a RB. HE doesn't have the moves of the bus nor Riggins. Alstott as this poster clearly stated is great for the 3rd and 4th for a yard or two. Funny, he still came up short in week 10...oh that's right, the old ass zebra saw it different.

Alstott does not compare

Riggins had 11,300 yds

Archived