Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official stop making threads about analysts picking against the skins thread

TheREALJBird

I've voiced my opinion several times on this, but everytime I go on this site now several threads are started about people not picking us and everyone goes into a frenzy. I'd like to know why, we don't NEED anybody to pick us to win, in no way does somebody picking us to win or not win affect the overall game. I'm used to ppl not picking us, and I could care less, because proving them wrong is all the more grand.

I've voiced my opinion several times on this, but everytime I go on this site now several threads are started about people not picking us and everyone goes into a frenzy. I'd like to know why, we don't NEED anybody to pick us to win, in no way does somebody picking us to win or not win affect the overall game. I'm used to ppl not picking us, and I could care less, because proving them wrong is all the more grand.

No sh*t Sherlock. We are just proving a point that no matter what, nobody is giving us respect and every single week we are doing what we have to do to win. Believe me. There is a reason that these posts pop up.

No sh*t Sherlock. We are just proving a point that no matter what, nobody is giving us respect and every single week we are doing what we have to do to win. Believe me. There is a reason that these posts pop up.

I can honestly say I don't know how these numerous threads are proving any kind of point

I support any effort to limit new threads :laugh:

There's one new guy here who joined two days ago, and he's made nine posts and six of them have been new thread-starters :doh:

On the other hand, the threads haven't been all that bad :D

Simple, it's a discussion board and that, apparently is what people (maybe not you) want to discuss.

What I want to know is why people like you keep creating threads criticizing other people's threads as if they are a waste of time?

If the mods haven't locked up a thread or merged it, and some people are responding to it, then you must assume it is worthwhile and serving the community. If no one responds to it, it will quickly filter away from the top page and won't bother you or anyone else.

:doh:

This thread is more annoying than any of the other ones. People aren't going to stop posting what they want just because you made this thread. It's pointless. You posting this is contributing to the problem you are complaining about. This thread accomplishes nothing. Why don't you complain in the Complaints thread.

I agree with you man. I've been asking the question for quite some time. I understand that if the media shows some sort of malice (ala Fatsquerelli), I could understand the anger. However, if someone uses their honest opinion, and it's their job to do so, why would anyone be upset about it? Even if we are favorites (which Vegas says we're not), we are by a slight margin.

Who cares what the media says ?

Makes no difference to me. 90% or more of them picked the Redskins to have a losing season. We mostly shook our heads and laughed.

What else can they do at this point BUT pick against the team they all said wasnt going to be good enough to win more than 6 games ?

I agree with you man. I've been asking the question for quite some time. I understand that if the media shows some sort of malice (ala Fatsquerelli), I could understand the anger. However, if someone uses their honest opinion, and it's their job to do so, why would anyone be upset about it? Even if we are favorites (which Vegas says we're not), we are by a slight margin.

THANK YOU, that's all i'm trying to say, don't know why people are getting their panties in a twist

Simple, it's a discussion board and that, apparently is what people (maybe not you) want to discuss.

What I want to know is why people like you keep creating threads criticizing other people's threads as if they are a waste of time?

If the mods haven't locked up a thread or merged it, and some people are responding to it, then you must assume it is worthwhile and serving the community. If no one responds to it, it will quickly filter away from the top page and won't bother you or anyone else.

:doh:

you "wonder why". you "don't undertsand."

you know, "smartestman" :rolleyes:, its made plain in the forum rules. and its a topic thats been explained many times by the mods and regular, old-time (I'm not "old-time") posters recently; the people who literally made the site. apparently its wasted on you, either missed somehow, or ignored. and you've been one of the problems at times. if you had been reading the forum attentively you'd have the answers as to why the people that you're questioning comment as they do . the mods have requested such help. they used to call it "swarming" here, before my time, and the idea was to 'steer" people to following the rules and spirit of the site as much as possible to keep it the premium experience it had become.

there isn't some "anything goes and it'll all take care of itself and its all good" premise embraced here, and there never has been. that's not what attracted the Washington Redskins to aquire the site, or what made the site worth aquiring, or so attractive for all of us to enjoy now. that's what i learned here before the merger, and its their rules and standards i've chosen to respect. we can still have something pretty close with a little cooperation from the majority, and still enjoy all the new blood, which is wonderful.

just read the rules and guidelines. read what the mods say in their posts about these matters. read Bang's "Moron" thread extensively, not just random pieces. it won't hurt to show some respect for this site considering all the pleasure we take from it. its the product of a lot of hard work by those who came before and they have described how the forum will best operate and succeed. if you don't agree, there are plenty of other forums (almost all of them) where almost everything really does go and its all good. :)

BTW, I'll read any responses respectfully, but I won't follow-up because this post says everything i intend to say.

This thread is more annoying than any of the other ones. People aren't going to stop posting what they want just because you made this thread. It's pointless. You posting this is contributing to the problem you are complaining about. This thread accomplishes nothing. Why don't you complain in the Complaints thread.

stay up in PA you damn quaker, your probably one of the people who got called out on this thread, "OH MY GOD SOMEONE DIDNT PICK US TO WIN THEY ARE THE WORST ANALYST EVER, NOW IM GOING TO CRY INTO MY PILLOW AND WALLOW IN MY OWN SELF PITY" jbird hit the nail on the head, people need to focus on more than analyst who have there own opinions :finger: :owned:

Archived