Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook36 hates: Weak Handshakes

Westbrook36

I'm sure everyone in here knows what I'm talking about. You meet someone for the first time and you throw out your paw.....the person grabs it and you feel like you are shaking a wet hanky or something of the like. Nothing......NOTHING makes me lose respect for someone quicker than a weak handshake.

I know it's not right but the first thought that goes through my mind is that said individual might be playing for the pink team, if you know what I mean.

I know I'm not alone on this. Ok, maybe I am. Anyone else know what I'm talking about or am I a moron?*

*Don't answer this.

funny story about week handshakes, we have a few guys on site at one of our clients, and the lady(if you want to call her that) is a complete *****. Anyways, she had one of our guys kicked off site because he gave her a week handshake.

ps. Almost all Iggles fans are morons, even my girlfriend. no offense.

If my hand has been sweating, I don't shake your hand.

You know what I hate?

******* handshakes by people who think they're in a ____ strongman contest. Get off my hand, *****.

I wish we did like the Romans did. Shake forearms so I don't have to get your disgusting germs and viruses on me.

A NORMAL shake. Not Hercules and Antaeus battling it out.

I question a man that grabs my hand and tries to break it more than I do someone that is weak. I'll tell you why--I don't

ACTUALLY WANT TO TOUCH YOU. I REALLY DONT.

Thus if you're overeager...

Don't judge. I don't shake hard cause i find it stupid to try and squeeze the daylights out of someones hand. How do you know if someone has nerve damage or had surgery to mend a messed up hand like me? You don't.

Good point. I don't mind a NORMAL shake, but going beyond it.

Ok, I'm 5-10 200 lbs. I'm not tiny but when some jackass Neanderthal tries to impress me with his metaphoric ****-swinging aka jerk handshake I feel pity and anger. Pity that he feels so insecure about himself that he has to 'show off' his strength by squeezing another man's hand.

I feel anger because I'm like "don't you know you and your *****-ass handshake can't stand up to a .40 cal in your eye, mutha?!" Seriously, no one cares about how big or strong you are because, sadly, Biggie showed bullets will put you down, regardless.

To me, a handshake has got to consist of solid eye contact and a firm grip, but it should only last for a moment. That's respect to me. You give me some ***** handshake with no eye contact, I consider you to be a weak minded human being. Show some pride!

To me, a handshake has got to consist of solid eye contact and a firm grip, but it should only last for a moment. That's respect to me. You give me some ***** handshake with no eye contact, I consider you to be a weak minded human being. Show some pride!

You took the words right out of my mouth... Eye Contact, Firm Grip, and a Shake... Then let go!!! Nothing worse than a man that won't let go of your hand... Or what reallllllllllllllllllllly ticks me off is when a man gives me a limp hand. I feel insulted as if he were implying I was inferior in some way. (Not that this is always the case, but still how I feel)

:helmet:-Misty-:helmet:

Good point. I don't mind a NORMAL shake, but going beyond it.

Ok, I'm 5-10 200 lbs. I'm not tiny but when some jackass Neanderthal tries to impress me with his metaphoric ****-swinging aka jerk handshake I feel pity and anger. Pity that he feels so insecure about himself that he has to 'show off' his strength by squeezing another man's hand.

I feel anger because I'm like "don't you know you and your *****-ass handshake can't stand up to a .40 cal in your eye, mutha?!" Seriously, no one cares about how big or strong you are because, sadly, Biggie showed bullets will put you down, regardless.

There's a difference between a kung-fu death grip handshake and simply a firm grip. I know exactly what Westbrook is talking about, the limp-wristed sally shake that feels like you're meeting a rubbery stalk of celery. Its kind of disturbing, actually...

But I also understand your point about the absurdly strong grips...Its like, okay dude, don't make me kick you in the shin. I'm a big guy 6'1 250, so I get those a lot from people trying to size me up. Whatever dog, you know I'll whoop yo' ass...:laugh:

You took the words right out of my mouth... Eye Contact, Firm Grip, and a Shake... Then let go!!! Nothing worse than a man that won't let go of your hand... Or what reallllllllllllllllllllly ticks me off is when a man gives me a limp hand. I feel insulted as if he were implying I was inferior in some way. (Not that this is always the case, but still how I feel)

:helmet:-Misty-:helmet:

That's a tough one though. Some women want the guy to be dainty with them, others want to squeeze the life out of my freakin' hand. And believe me, I've met some women that turned my hand purple from squeezing so hard. Easy, Thor, I'm fragile.

I hate people that refer to themselves in the third person.

Tarhog can't stand it either.

Personally, how violently or softly someone shakes my hand is meaningless. If you're seriously judging how strong someone's character, personality, or 'mojo' is by that standard, you're going to misjudge a lot of people in your lifetime.

Kind of like judging who's tougher by how big they are. I've seen a lot of big fella's get their *** handed to them by a smaller opponent in my lifetime. But I hear the big guys had a hell of handshake....

Sorry Westy, but thats just silly man.

Tarhog can't stand it either.

you're misjudge a lot of people in your lifetime.

And by squeezing my hand like they're trying to get to the last bit of toothpaste they're going to end up misjudging a bullet in their ass.

That's all I'm sayin'.

I may not be able to fight some 250 lbs dude but if it comes to that, I don't care. That's why Jesus invented pistols.

And like Portis says, bring your wives to me, I'll show them what's what about my manhood, not by touching some dude on his hand. GHEY!

And by squeezing my hand like they're trying to get to the last bit of toothpaste they're going to end up misjudging a bullet in their ass.

That's all I'm sayin'.

I may not be able to fight some 250 lbs dude but if it comes to that, I don't care. That's why Jesus invented pistols.

And like Portis says, bring your wives to me, I'll show them what's what about my manhood, not by touching some dude on his hand. GHEY!

Onething I will say is that I have known that alot of people judge by the handshake. I waw brought up that way myself. That said, I'm not one to shy away from a kiss of the hand for a woman, or for a firm handshake of a man. I tend to "play it by ear".

Ghost, cut the crap man. Too many armed and dangerous comments dude. Okay, so you may even be carrying. But what's to say that someone isn't going to shove it up your ass before you get the damn thing out of whatever you're carrying it in. Give it break.

Archived